CEO of Dodge announces muscle transition from gas to electric.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody is talking about what happens to used ICE vehicles. If these 'lectrics are the only choice for new purchases (and gubmint makes it impossible to operate ICE vehicles), then wtf happens to the trade in value your old truck? Is it just worth it's weight as scrap metal? Because artificially lowering the value of the most common asset Americans own, to fit some fantasy world idea, is insane. But that is exactly what our "leaders" are doing.

Well, if everyone is as anti-EV as this thread seems to indicate they will skyrocket in value in the same manner transferable pre-'86 ban machineguns did. There's no new alternatives, there's a steadily decreasing supply of viable examples on the used market, and demand remains constant so the market price continuously moves upward.

OP
OP
AntiMattersMost

AntiMattersMost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auto companies like Dodge going all-in on the transition to EV from ICE are taking a big gamble. It appears Ford is taking a more measured approach which in the long run make prove to be the smart play.

wac45

Reaction score
Tug of war, lightning beats cummins.

Towing, gas GM vs Lightning same camper
The point I was getting at is these comparisons are made with the EV at optimum charge. The ice vehicle will have the same pulling capacity with a full tank or a quarter of a tank or with 2 gals left in the tank. Will the EV have the same pulling capacity with a full charge, a 25 % charge or a 2% charge? I doubt it. And the EV towing range is a joke compared to ICE.

Just not an EV fan based on what I am looking for in a vehicle and less so as it is being forced on me. For those that think EVs are the answer to all our problems you are free to buy as many as you like, as it should be. Dodge is being forced to EV out of necessity not because of consumer demand.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the EV have the same pulling capacity with a full charge, a 25 % charge or a 2% charge?
Yes, although at 2% charge you're nearing the point where it will shut down to protect the battery pack, so it won't be pulling for long. You might lose 10%. I doubt you would notice.