Center Screen Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
Just saw this video for a Ram like screen upgrade/replacement. I am a consistent carplay user but this runs native Android apps like Waze, Google Maps, YT music, Spotify, and so forth; wouldn't lose anything effectively. iPhone would still connect via Bluetooth for phone calls etc. Would be less integrated if a pure apple ecosystem user with Apple music and maps - not me. Only thing that holds me back is the dealer hassle of the blame game.

Anyone have this solution or another? Reliability experience? Stealership experience with audio and AC service?

TIA

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is lots of information on the Phoenix Automotive android screens in the electronics/audio forum. This seems to be the most popular, and probably the most diffficult to deal with setup...because it's the most functional.

The concerns I'd have with the Navos is that it is not sync compatible. You would lose the ability to hear any standard audio alerts and such from the truck, your cameras (through normal sync interface). and the configurations in there. It also removes all your hard buttons, which you will miss. I noticed as well that Navos is based on Android 8, two versions old. Not sure if you can download apps from the Google Store, but I'd be concerned that functionality will be obsolete and stop working before you're ok with that.

I have the PHX screen and I like it Lots of nice features. I also hate it and would not recommend it to anyone. :33:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
<merciful snippage>...
I have the PHX screen and I like it Lots of nice features. I also hate it and would not recommend it to anyone. :33:
Thanks for saving me those $$$$, I was looking hard at the new one. Now I can allocate that money elsewhere.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for saving me those $$$$, I was looking hard at the new one. Now I can allocate that money elsewhere.

I wouldn't be too shocked if the new screen is a big improvement to be honest. If the first adopters have good results, I may get it myself.

And to be fair, I just contact them to get replacement cable. I've held off because that sort of thing has been useless in the past. But, I got an immediate response from an actual person, who asked more questions and responded back again and acting like I'll be able to get that cable. Things are different now?

OP
OP
IT8NTEZ

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too shocked if the new screen is a big improvement to be honest. If the first adopters have good results, I may get it myself.

And to be fair, I just contact them to get replacement cable. I've held off because that sort of thing has been useless in the past. But, I got an immediate response from an actual person, who asked more questions and responded back again and acting like I'll be able to get that cable. Things are different now?
Thanks for the candid feedback. You bring up good points such as the elimination of the hard buttons which I use all the time. Excellent point about viability of app support going forward on Android 8 which was released in 2017.