Center Diff Issues Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update 7-26
Hopefully my truck is fixed for good this time. My last fix only lasted for a weekend. I didn't want to post until I was pretty sure it's fixed. So far, so good. It spent 6 weeks at the dealer with 2 different Ford field service techs working on it. There was a bad wire in the harness, between the module and the transfer case. They fixed it with what they called a "layover" repair, which is just a name for running a new wire outside the harness. The tech said to replace the whole harness requires pulling the truck all apart and that he wouldn't do it if it was his truck.

The initial thing they found was too much voltage going to the hvac blower motor. If hvac was off, everything worked as it should. Hvac on and blower running I was getting chirping from front and rear tires when going around a normal 90-degree corner if it was in 4 Auto, in 2 wheel while coming or leaving a parking spot, you could feel the front crabbing/pulsing, like it was partly in 4 wheel drive.

The dealer, Gilboy Ford in Whitehall PA, really busted their balls trying to figure this out. Everyone said they have never seen this before. They had me in a brand new Escape the whole time. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for diagnostic time, because that would have been a BIG bill!

Last edited:

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Oldfart stop pulling into parking spots at 30mph and slamming it into Park! We have all heard you like it rough but take it easy now that you have it fixed. Remember to crawl over those speed bumps at Starbucks! Safety first brother!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Oldfart stop pulling into parking spots at 30mph and slamming it into Park! We have all heard you like it rough but take it easy now that you have it fixed. Remember to crawl over those speed bumps at Starbucks! Safety first brother!
See, I was thinking he was one side on the island, one on the pavement and mashing the throttle over and over. He told me he hated the local starbucks shrubbery...

Glad you finally got this fixed after busting the service tech’s b*lls.