Center Diff Issues Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A big giant yes to that one, thankfully! I have another full year of the standard warranty, and then 5 more of the Ford ESP. I knew this truck would be a keeper, so I got the longest warranty I could.

I can't believe the site blocked T U R D!
Well, good thing its under warranty, wonder why the rear end went already, hope they diagnosed it properly.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, good thing its under warranty, wonder why the rear end went already, hope they diagnosed it properly.
The dealership has some really good techs. They actually have other dealers sometimes send their problem children in to them to diagnose. The service writer is a pretty sharp car guy, and he knows I'm an **** (now I know you can't say a n a l) nut about my truck so he keeps an eye on how it's treated/repaired. The tech said almost immediately when it made the crabbing vibration that it was clutch packs on the rear axle. The other half is something very off in the front. He said that would take some digging to figure out, he hadn't heard/seen that before.

They are going to diagnose it and get it back to me while we wait on whatever parts it needs, since it still drives great out on the road. It's only acts up in tight confines where you are turning pretty hard.

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear that brother. Sounds like they are on it. I’m with you 100% on the ESP have one on all my rides. It has saved me Thousands over the years.
They are mechanical, they will break, sometimes sooner than planned :(
Glad they didn’t stick you in the PRIUS LOANER to wait on parts ;)

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear that brother. Sounds like they are on it. I’m with you 100% on the ESP have one on all my rides. It has saved me Thousands over the years.
They are mechanical, they will break, sometimes sooner than planned :(
Glad they didn’t stick you in the PRIUS LOANER to wait on parts ;)
Thanks. They are super low on loaners with everything being so hard to get. I still have my other truck and my car, but I will miss the Raptor.