Center Console Tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question: Does the tray in your center console slide around during aggressive turns? Should be a way to keep it in one position and not slide so easily.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question: Does the tray in your center console slide around during aggressive turns? Should be a way to keep it in one position and not slide so easily.
I traded my Gen1 for a Gen2 and the tray in the Gen1 slid around and spilled under aggressive driving. I had trouble closing the console lid on the Gen2 until I discovered that Ford had changed things and put "bumpers" on the front inside of the lid, which requires you to "center" the tray before closing the lid. This prevents it from sliding while the lid is closed. I'm still getting used to it, but seems like a good idea.

OP
OP
M

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I noticed the tray had some rubber on the front. I'll try placing it in the center and see what happens. Silly for it to have to be in the center for it to not slide though.

But I can close the lid no matter the position of the tray.

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center console has a groove forward and aft so you can use it for a hanging file cabinet.
The bumpers you speak of on the lid do not restrict where you can put the sliding tray.
The tray can go anywhere along the file cabinet grooves. Even directly unter the bumpers. They don't touch the removable tray.
It makes no difference with the tray flipped. The coin slots can be on either side. The tray will still go anywhere from left to right and tha lid will still close.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center console has a groove forward and aft so you can use it for a hanging file cabinet.

The bumpers you speak of on the lid do not restrict where you can put the sliding tray.

The tray can go anywhere along the file cabinet grooves. Even directly unter the bumpers. They don't touch the removable tray.

It makes no difference with the tray flipped. The coin slots can be on either side. The tray will still go anywhere from left to right and tha lid will still close.

File cabinet...this sounds like something that would belong in a limited not a raptor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. Don't need my center console rattling like crazy if you're "off-roading". Guess I'll have to rig it somehow.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It doesn't move... BUT if it's pushed all the way left or all the way right the console won't close.

OP
OP
M

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not true. Mine closes. Unless if something is wrong with mine then.