GEN 2 Center console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one mounted a gun vault to the inside side of the center console? Wonder if it has two walls to it so the screws or rivets don't go all the way thru. I cant bring my firearm into work so would like a option to lock up without using all the space in my console. I'm actually not super impressed with the design of this thing .
Thanks !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer installed ford console vault for me. I like it a lot. Lots of storage space.
I can look at install closer when I get back home this weekend. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
most bolt through the bottom of the insert. I have one of the half console ones. still have a little unlocked storage, the tray still fits inside and I can place a Silencerco Maxim 9 in the console in the long config without issue.

So, unless your carry piece is a 6" colt python, you shouldnt have an issue.

and no, a python with a 6" barrel does not fit.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Does anyone know of one with a simplex lock?

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen several conversions online that turn the console into a safe. I’ll try to find the link but one easically unfolded in the console then it bolted together from the inside. Look decently sturdy but I don’t want to lose my center console.

OP
OP
L

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer installed ford console vault for me. I like it a lot. Lots of storage space.
I can look at install closer when I get back home this weekend. PM me if you have any other specific questions.
Could you post a couple pics please.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk