Center Console Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like chemical damage IMO, as it shows no signs of flaking or lack of adhesion. The dealership can submit images to the Ford Engineering Prior Approval program for a determination of root cause. If it's determined to be a materials defect, they'll provide a code to the dealer to replace the component under warranty.

raptor force

Reaction score
I have similar on my 2018 on the steering wheel pretty sure there from rubbing on it type marks do you put your phone there by chance

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2017, different location. I never have sodas or anything besides water in the truck, so unless some lot porter spilt his big gulp in Lucille, this spotting can happen. I bought my truck in for it 4 times and my stealership kept spacing the replacement. I discovered this kind of spot on mine about June of ’17 and just got it replaced in January of ’20.

FWIW, you could tell this was some kind of stain/discoloration on mine, and not something that ate away out the material or any kind of peeling off of coating.

OP
OP
Robert Joyce

Robert Joyce

Reaction score
Actually I have not cleaned the inside of my truck yet; so no chemicals have been applied.

It does flake off. I can use my fingernail and scrape the paint of easily.

I will call the dealer after this lock down.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had that happen to a Town & Country. Dealer replaced under warranty.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen that on many different vehicles. 99.9% of the time it is hand sanitizer. For that very reason I carry a microfiber cloth in the door next to my hand sanitizer! And scrub longer with the cloth than the disinfectant!