Cell Phone Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s neat dixonk. I bought one too. Tired of my cup holder one taking up a slot. My son handing me my drink and saying. ‘Here..hold this’. And then snagging the slot. :).

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After a long search I finally found a clean solution that doesn’t use some el cheapo Chinese mount from Amazon. After some searching I found a company called Offroam. They are a husband and wife team that build all their stuff in house. Very high quality and great communication and customer service. Mount is solid and phone isn’t going anywhere.
So I've been using the proclip mount for almost 4 years now. Never loved how it went over the entire dash plus, it would slide out of place sometimes and I'd have to slide it back, no big deal but something I shouldn't have to do. I have been through many phone holders and finally settled on a QI magnet charger. After seeing your post I immediately ordered the offroam mount. It essentially puts it in the exact spot that the proclip had it in but slightly lower.

Proclip

eQTzM9WEUe_pG-X8ecVVC5v-3HOldFOV_L5hFnH7c-w8=w2400.jpg

Offroam

VaOLXd5DtKo3JtfiSth2p8NaN8kuxp-XB-lys-JjakUo=w2400.jpg

The offroam is very sturdy. I think I finally have the perfect setup with wireless carplay and QI charging with magnet grip.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
So I've been using the proclip mount for almost 4 years now. Never loved how it went over the entire dash plus, it would slide out of place sometimes and I'd have to slide it back, no big deal but something I shouldn't have to do. I have been through many phone holders and finally settled on a QI magnet charger. After seeing your post I immediately ordered the offroam mount. It essentially puts it in the exact spot that the proclip had it in but slightly lower.

Proclip

View attachment 212994

Offroam

View attachment 212995

The offroam is very sturdy. I think I finally have the perfect setup with wireless carplay and QI charging with magnet grip.
It is a great mount and I love the quality of it. I didn’t go with wireless charging as I like the audio quality of being plugged in. I did some playing around with the arm to make it look better without a phone being in it.image.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a great mount and I love the quality of it. I didn’t go with wireless charging as I like the audio quality of being plugged in. I did some playing around with the arm to make it look better without a phone being in it.
My mount goes right on the ball, so no arm, very simple. As for audio quality - wireless carplay is WIFI, not bluetooth so audio quality is the same as hard wired :)

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
My mount goes right on the ball, so no arm, very simple. As for audio quality - wireless carplay is WIFI, not bluetooth so audio quality is the same as hard wired :)
How are you using CarPlay wirelessly? You have the link for the charger and wireless CarPlay system you are using?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

JasonVoorhees

Reaction score
After a long search I finally found a clean solution that doesn’t use some el cheapo Chinese mount from Amazon. After some searching I found a company called Offroam. They are a husband and wife team that build all their stuff in house. Very high quality and great communication and customer service. Mount is solid and phone isn’t going anywhere.

View attachment 212421View attachment 212422
I have this as well, love it.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Any marks on the surfaces the mount touches? That is my main concern I’m wrestling with and holding me back from ordering.
If you overtighten or don’t gently align it will mark very easily. That gray paint is extremely soft. Mine is marked behind the mount but I have no intention on ever removing it. It will be the next owners problem.