Cell Phone Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Mob Armor mounts for both cell phone and tablet. Im sick of having my phone just sitting in a cup holder taking up space and didn't like it in the little tray above it. So I'm hoping this will do the trick.

Bought a tablet and want to use it for off road mapping so I also hope the Mob Armor mount will work well. Paid $115 for both, they seem like a quality product?

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see if the 2021 F150 has wireless charging that might work as an OEM to our gen2 Raptors.

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just put the Built Right in today.

71b2d8153150f65631cfa3ad6dcdedc9.jpg

I’ve got a Ram X-Mount (I had one on my old Softail that worked great) for my phone and 67 Designs mount for the OwlCam en route.

I’ve been thinking about wireless charging options but I actually use CarPlay a bunch, so I’d be plugged in anyway.

That led me to two options:

First, I figure I’ll just extend the CarPlay USB ports up to the dash with the ports right under the speaker there. I can then get a short lighting cable to mount neatly on the Ram mount.

The second is something like the Car2Play and a wireless charger. I’ve been researching ultra thin wireless chargers to see if I can rig something up in the X-Mount.

Considering my phone never fell off the Harley, I’m pretty confident with the X-Mount doing just fine with vibration and off-roading. The Built Right really does sit in there pretty solid and clean, hell, Matt’s even got a bundle where you get the rear seat release for like $15

47c48d67b3080527a0e32ff42581705f.jpg

Rosie’s got wireless charging and CarPlay in her 2020 Mini and it’s all pretty slick, so maybe that’ll be way to go.

Last edited:

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just put the Built Right in today.

71b2d8153150f65631cfa3ad6dcdedc9.jpg

I’ve got a Ram X-Mount (I had one on my old Softail that worked great) for my phone and 67 Designs mount for the OwlCam en route.

I’ve been thinking about wireless charging options but I actually use CarPlay a bunch, so I’d be plugged in anyway.

That led me to two options:

First, I figure I’ll just extend the CarPlay USB ports up to the dash with the ports right under the speaker there. I can then get a short lighting cable to mount neatly on the Ram mount.

The second is something like the Car2Play and a wireless charger. I’ve been researching ultra thin wireless chargers to see if I can rig something up in the X-Mount.

Considering my phone never fell off the Harley, I’m pretty confident with the X-Mount doing just fine with vibration and off-roading. The Built Right really does sit in there pretty solid and clean, hell, Matt’s even got a bundle where you get the rear seat release for like $15

47c48d67b3080527a0e32ff42581705f.jpg

Rosie’s got wireless charging and CarPlay in her 2020 Mini and it’s all pretty slick, so maybe that’ll be way to go.
Got the Ram mounts in and out them in this week

2ba87e446c4acbb5e59e616cf2260b38.jpg
212702f189beadc8b99d6b0503e2c8da.jpg
4b445e7326eddd415369ee737b9e49b4.jpg
2c5b7a842d39b8c7556e03f3613dbbc6.jpg
beefc5bc3c2d9e29d7ec46775c836aed.jpg

The setup is insanely solid.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this mount too because of this post. I really like how unobtrusive it is.

No wireless charging because of the plate. I tried it.

The plates are super thin. You can put them between your phone and case and its completely un-noticable. I didnt even stick it to the phone. Just placed it in between and it works great.

Phone does vibrate a little when driving. Not enough that you cant read the screen. I chalk that up to having a super slim mount. I am okay with it. Its only noticeable to me when im looking at it directly.

Took me about 10mins to install. Very easy.

mine wireless charges with no issue, with the plate

RedRptr

Reaction score
So, since buying the truck and installing my wireless CarPlay adapter, I knew I wanted a clean and out of the way wireless phone charging location. I didn’t want to pop the front panel, or do any complicated wire runs, so I just had to sleep on it.

Then I found the perfect location.

34f6dc2ea1043d6e37a1a57db8651b2d.jpg

9bac4757603862411a481185489f717d.jpg

Using the magnets inside my phone case at the top and bottom (IPhone 11 Pro Max), the phone holds great even during high-G turn events and bumps. Charging works fine, and wireless CarPlay isn’t interrupted at all. I can still see the screen light up for notifications, and it’s plenty easy to grab or to see if I need to (though CarPlay takes care of a majority of my needs).

I used two command strips (the longer ones, side by side) to mount the bottom side of a Scosche magic mount Qi charger (https://www.scosche.com/qi-dash-window-mount-wireless-charging), with a short cable running into the center stack where the USB ports are. One port is for the wireless CarPlay adapter, the other for this charger.

Highly recommend this for others, especially if you have a phone this size or smaller. Any larger and I don’t think it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanM

Reaction score
Have the previous model of this item. Although I lose the vent which blows most air for driver, this does provide wireless charging, doesn’t vibrate, and is at good level and distance from driver. Cord flows nice from vent to inside center console where it doesn’t look stupid. Still wish there was a better option which is why I’m here but doesn’t seem like it. I can’t do a mount with no charge. Not gonna have a cord from center console up to wherever a mount is if it’s not wireless charging.

Belkin BOOST UP CHARGE Wireless Charging Vent Mount 7.5W

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HN6Z2ZM/A

This is actual one I have...
mophie wireless charging vent mount

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HMBB2ZM/A

RyanM

Reaction score

THANK YOU JEANCO for your post! Best $25 I ever spent. How long it lasts is a different story but for $25 I'd buy one every year. And I got half my vent back AND I now just rest the phone in the holder when I turn my car on instead of the nonsense I was dealing with on the Mophie mentioned above where I have to squeeze it in and out every time. It automatically opens its arms when you turn car on and you just set it and it closes in. It's perfect distance to access phone as well.

As far as vibration goes you'll want to clip it to the highest vent "arm" or the second one from the bottom. Don't use the bottom one to clip on as it will vibrate more.

If you want wireless charging I HIGHLY recommend this if you don't mind a cord leading to middle console.