Cell Phone Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
the magnet is actually the round "knob" attached to the bracket...the steel pad attaches to the phone. But I can't answer your question since I don't charge my phone wirelessly. Sorry.

fultonj

Reaction score
I've been looking for a functional, clean and simple way to mount my iPhone since picking up my 2020 6 weeks ago. I dismissed the Proclip and Builtright dash mounts since I wanted to keep the stock appearance as best I can. My research lead me to Corse Motorsport:

https://coursemotorsports.com/products/ford-direct-fit-magnetic-phone-mount

The Good: It met my criteria and is by far the most elegant way I found to mount a cell phone in a Gen 2. Installation was straightforward and the placement and height of the phone when mounted (via a magnet) is perfect for me. And when the phone isn't attached, the mount sort of disappears.

The Not-So-Good: The phone vibrates slightly, even when the truck is idling. It's not bad -- it's just somewhat annoying since everything else inside the cabin is rock solid. The only way I've found to decrease it is by tilting the phone down as low as possible so the bottom is in contact with the dash.

I contacted Course Motorsports for a solution (excellent customer service BTW) and they said to make sure the mount is against the dash, which mine is. With that said and even though I have somewhat mixed feelings about this product, I'll keep it until something better comes along.

YMMV.

View attachment 145234 View attachment 145235 View attachment 145236

I have this mount as well and really like it. Cleanest option available. I am considering mounting the iOttie holder to it to deal with the vibration.

slowyellow

Reaction score
I have the one that you have OP. I don’t get any noticeable vibrations. Love the mount so far. This is the first one that I’ve had. Crazy what a difference it makes. I just wish that FB messenger would work with CarPlay. Or at least light the screen up when I get a message. It’s annoying touching the screen every few minutes to make sure that I don’t miss anything incoming. But the mount, it’s solid. Sorry you are having issues with it.

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind losing part of the vent, as long as the phone is vibration-free. Have you had a chance to use it much? Is it pretty stable when driving around?

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"armoredveh".....thanks for posting this. I've been hunting high and low for a mount I like. No offense to others, but that ProClip with the angled support on top of the dash is just ugly. The ProClip that goes on the console is too far away.

I bought the WeatherTech cup holder model, but I hate loosing the cup holder. I really like this Corse mount and it will work with my phone cover. It looks nice when there is no phone in place. I've already popped that dash open to install an Auto Stop Eliminator, so no big deal.

Just curious. why say "no offense to others"?

who gives a shit if someone else doesn't like what you like?

maybe you don't mean it, but that is some snowflake shit right there.

Do what you want, no matter what, someone else won't like it.
don't be apologetic for it.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this mount too because of this post. I really like how unobtrusive it is.

No wireless charging because of the plate. I tried it.

The plates are super thin. You can put them between your phone and case and its completely un-noticable. I didnt even stick it to the phone. Just placed it in between and it works great.

Phone does vibrate a little when driving. Not enough that you cant read the screen. I chalk that up to having a super slim mount. I am okay with it. Its only noticeable to me when im looking at it directly.

Took me about 10mins to install. Very easy.