Cell Phone Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredveh

Reaction score
I've been looking for a functional, clean and simple way to mount my iPhone since picking up my 2020 6 weeks ago. I dismissed the Proclip and Builtright dash mounts since I wanted to keep the stock appearance as best I can. My research lead me to Corse Motorsport:

https://coursemotorsports.com/products/ford-direct-fit-magnetic-phone-mount

The Good: It met my criteria and is by far the most elegant way I found to mount a cell phone in a Gen 2. Installation was straightforward and the placement and height of the phone when mounted (via a magnet) is perfect for me. And when the phone isn't attached, the mount sort of disappears.

The Not-So-Good: The phone vibrates slightly, even when the truck is idling. It's not bad -- it's just somewhat annoying since everything else inside the cabin is rock solid. The only way I've found to decrease it is by tilting the phone down as low as possible so the bottom is in contact with the dash.

I contacted Course Motorsports for a solution (excellent customer service BTW) and they said to make sure the mount is against the dash, which mine is. With that said and even though I have somewhat mixed feelings about this product, I'll keep it until something better comes along.

YMMV.

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg Pic4.jpg

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
...or am I being unreasonably critical and all phones attached to accessory mounts vibrate a little?

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"armoredveh".....thanks for posting this. I've been hunting high and low for a mount I like. No offense to others, but that ProClip with the angled support on top of the dash is just ugly. The ProClip that goes on the console is too far away.

I bought the WeatherTech cup holder model, but I hate loosing the cup holder. I really like this Corse mount and it will work with my phone cover. It looks nice when there is no phone in place. I've already popped that dash open to install an Auto Stop Eliminator, so no big deal.

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
I had a Weathertech cup holder too. I didn't like having too look so far down if something popped up on my phone...it was also difficult for me to read.

bmarco

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in green2cm’s mount, I did a search. Lots of sites list it as out of stock @$34.99. I found one site that has it on sale, in stock, for $17.50 plus automatically gave me another discount as a new customer. In the end, $12.25 shipped ! Carlimmediato.net

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
dilmorecg, the steel plate is extremely thin and attaches on the back of your phone, or in my case, the back of my phone's case...I never know it's there.