CEL with P0236 & P0600 codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was passing some slower traffic on a 2 lane highway at full throttle when I lost power & lost power to accelerate. At the same time the CEL popped up & the truck seemed to be in limp mode. I could maintain 60-70 mph but could not quickly accelerate to make another pass. Also the truck was running in 8th or 9th gear at 60-70 mph.

I stopped and shut down for 15-30 seconds, open/closed the door and restarted. The truck still seemed to be in limp mode & shifts seemed to be messed up. Shifted to manual mode and could manually shift up to 10 gear.

Anyway I was about 5 miles away from https://www.tiptonfordin.net/ and the service guys quickly offered to pull the codes for me. Based on the codes the tech verified that no turbo fittings were loose & reset the CEL. He also said the P0600 code pointed to a tune or PCM problem so he updated the PCM software to the latest version. I'm the original owner & have never put on a tune or played with Forscan.

2018 802a, 10/18 build, stock engine & tune.

Been babying the truck since I'm away from home, but any thoughts on these codes?

Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the truck completely stock? Tire size, nothing plugged into the OBD port, etc? P0600 sets due to aftermarket modifications (Tune, Plug in devices, etc) radio frequency or electromagnetic interference (often caused by aftermarket wiring/electrical components), or a software issue within the PCM.

If everything is factory, there may have been a software concern that was resolved with the updated software, but was not released as a bulletin.

OP
OP
Erjdrvr

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what the tech said....thought it was a tune! He also mentioned that some dealers in our area have been know to put a tune on the Raptors they sell to make them feel faster to perspective buyers.

Yep completely stock with the engine & electronics. Also have the stock KO2's on Venomrex rims. Didn't want to do a tune because the fine print in the ESP Warranty said a tune could void the warranty.

I purchased my Raptor off the dealer's lot, but I remember the window sticker said "special order" so not sure if someone backed out etc.?