CEL with DTE Powercontrol Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joefadams

Reaction score
Hey guys just installed the following mods on my 2018:
S&B CAI
SPD Turbo Adapters
Magnaflow Exhuast
Turbosmart BOV
DTE Powercontrol Tune Module

We have narrowed it down to the DTE as I have been driving it the past day with everything else except the 3 DTE Connectors removed and back to stock in that respect. It is throwing the codes:

PO390 CMP (Camshaft Position) Sensor B (Bank 2)
PO394 CMP (Camshaft Position) Sensor B Circuit Intermittent (Bank 2)

Drives perfect and love the added power with the DTE, don't love rolling around with the CEL 24/7 and that it pops up everytime I open my Ford Pass App.

Any Help is appreciated!

bMwdefector

Reaction score
Curious if you found the cause and fix? I have the same code.
Hey guys just installed the following mods on my 2018:
S&B CAI
SPD Turbo Adapters
Magnaflow Exhuast
Turbosmart BOV
DTE Powercontrol Tune Module

We have narrowed it down to the DTE as I have been driving it the past day with everything else except the 3 DTE Connectors removed and back to stock in that respect. It is throwing the codes:

PO390 CMP (Camshaft Position) Sensor B (Bank 2)
PO394 CMP (Camshaft Position) Sensor B Circuit Intermittent (Bank 2)

Drives perfect and love the added power with the DTE, don't love rolling around with the CEL 24/7 and that it pops up everytime I open my Ford Pass App.

Any Help is appreciated!

OP
OP
Joefadams

Joefadams

Reaction score
Yes. The Dte is sensitive. Literally had the shop guys who installed it take me for a drive with my keys like a mile or two away as they say you need to have the keys at least 50 to 100 yards away so the computer fully shuts off when installing. Worked immediately and issue free ever since.