Catch Can - single v dual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the UPR version but do some research to make sure you like it opposed to another brand

When you say "dual valve" fo you mean one on ccv side, one on pcv side?

Also, a little confused...for applications like the JLT where there is only 1 can, is that on the ccv side or pcv side? If only doyoung one can, which of those is the one to do?

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of having to drill into the tube...

Agreed. That why I spent the additional $$ for the pre drilled tube. It's a stock tube pre drilled and fitted with the connector.
It's an option you can select.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say "dual valve" fo you mean one on ccv side, one on pcv side?

Also, a little confused...for applications like the JLT where there is only 1 can, is that on the ccv side or pcv side? If only doyoung one can, which of those is the one to do?

The UPR, mcnally and others are a single can. With dual "out" ports or valves in conjunction with check valves (to prevent any backflow through the PCV system and the Catch Can itself) the first "in" valve will use the intake manifold vacuum for evacuation suction when at idle. The second "out" valve will tap into the area in front of the throttle body for the suction needed to continue evacuation when accelerating or going WOT (wide open throttle). The connection is from PCV to "in" port on the can. One "out" port goes into your intake manifold. The second...and this where the UPR and others differ greatly from the JLT....goes into your turbo inlet tube providing vacuum needed during acceleration or higher RPM events where the manifold vacuum is not sufficient to pull the dirty air from the pcv valve.

https://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/...lve-Oil-Catch-Can-vs-a-Single-Valve_b_13.html

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are both heads connected somehow for the PVC system? All the stuff I've seen only connect to the passenger side head. It's not like the driver's side head magically doesn't have any blow by. It would be nice if someone made an AOS like the ones IAG or Crawford make for Subaru's for our Raptors.

jbishop98

Reaction score
Are both heads connected somehow for the PVC system? All the stuff I've seen only connect to the passenger side head. It's not like the driver's side head magically doesn't have any blow by. It would be nice if someone made an AOS like the ones IAG or Crawford make for Subaru's for our Raptors.

Don't forget the Killer B unit as well.