Catch can, JLT vs ebay/amazon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyjova

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a catch can, and am just comparing the JLT to other options on amazon, ebay, etc. I'm not trying to necessarily cheap out on something like this, but in reality is there much of a difference between these higher end expensive ones and ones on amazon for over half the price? I understand that maybe the can itself is more stout and things like that, but it's a fairly simple setup of just the tubes and the can, is there really a difference? I could totally be missing something so figured I'd check in with the experts. Thanks!

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The saying, "you get what you pay for" applies to anything aftermarket wise to me. I love my JLT units. Have had the one thats on my raptor on 2 other trucks prior. 3 Years old... ZERO Issues.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For ease of install you can’t go wrong with JLT. I had one on my 2014 for a little while until one of the fittings broke. I replaced it with one of Bob’s Auto Sports catch cans / oil separator and have been pleased with its performance. It seems to catch more oil than the JLT.

Mark

OP
OP
T

tyjova

Reaction score
The saying, "you get what you pay for" applies to anything aftermarket wise to me. I love my JLT units. Have had the one thats on my raptor on 2 other trucks prior. 3 Years old... ZERO Issues.
Makes sense to me. I mean a going from 70 to 160 dollars isn't much at all if the quality is there, so that's good to know that it's worth the extra cost for something that isn't just the random chinese thrown together unit

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let us know if you would like a quote and info on the JLT can. Just send me a message. The JLT is a quality option. The ebay and Amazon ones are a very basic design that do not work anywhere near as well as the JLT unit does.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're going to put some cheap Chinese piece of crap from Ebay or Amazon on your $80k truck? A cheap piece of crap that's probably unnecessary and likely bad for your engine? You do you, but I'd think twice about it.

OP
OP
T

tyjova

Reaction score
You're going to put some cheap Chinese piece of crap from Ebay or Amazon on your $80k truck? A cheap piece of crap that's probably unnecessary and likely bad for your engine? You do you, but I'd think twice about it.
Definitely not! Jut bought the JLT. Not being super familiar with it I didn't know if it was truly one of those "you get what you pay for" situations or if it was something that you get by just fine with using the cheaper options. Definitely not trying to skimp out, so I appreciate the info!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not! Jut bought the JLT. Not being super familiar with it I didn't know if it was truly one of those "you get what you pay for" situations or if it was something that you get by just fine with using the cheaper options. Definitely not trying to skimp out, so I appreciate the info!
Be aware that much of the "name brand" stuff on Amazon are Chinese fakes. Even the stuff from reputable dealers is often fake as dirtbags buy the genuine article and then return a fake one which generally isn't checked by anyone knowledgeable enough to catch the switch. And Ebay is the wild west. I'd rather go to the dentist than buy anything I cared about from either one. Just sayin ..... Now if I'm looking for Chinese crap, those are the first places I go. :)