Catalytic Converter Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically ford performance skid plate kit.

I mean it isn't quite the same but 80% (the cat shield 80% of the skid plate kit) so pony up for full skid plate kit and get a 2 for 1 deal.

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they can cut off your cat, I hardly believe putting one additional plate in the way isn't going to hinder them....

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they can cut off your cat, I hardly believe putting one additional plate in the way isn't going to hinder them....
perhaps not but like most thefts - speed/convenience is a huge factor. These guys seem to usually be carrying a jack and a sawzall. Cutting that plate off would be a pain in the ass and doesn't seem likely they'll have the right bit in their pocket.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perhaps not but like most thefts - speed/convenience is a huge factor. These guys seem to usually be carrying a jack and a sawzall. Cutting that plate off would be a pain in the ass and doesn't seem likely they'll have the right bit in their pocket.
Looks to me like all they need is a torx bit.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
This is spot on. Most don't even carry a jack. And that is not a normal torx bit. Looks to be a security torx. Just a little bit tougher when encountered and will most likely have the dirtbag move on to the next car.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Catalytic converter theft is up 300% in my neck of the woods. Just installed a Cat Plat on my 2019 Raptor from All Out Offroad. Gives me some insurance.View attachment 367730
Is converter theft a thing for Gen 2's? I thought the converters were tucked up closer to the engine and would be difficult to cut out due to the factory skid plate.

I would imagine a thief would go after a truck with the converters down lower.

I sold mine so I can't go look. The Gen 3 converters were definitely be a challenge by looking at it.

Billy Mc

Reaction score
Toyota Tundras, Tacomas, Sequoias, Rav 4s, Prius' and Honda CRVs are by far the most stolen.

I have heard recently that F250 gas powered (6.2) trucks have been targeted recently.

But, Toyota trucks and SUVs are the easiest targets due to ease and quickness of the removal process.

That plate is a decent enough deterrent.