Carseat usage: disable inflatable belt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the inflatable belt so it can be used with car seats? I specifically want to do a Cybex Sirona S (wifey chose that one), and Cybex themselves haven't approved for usage with this new kind of belt. Unfortunately, I'm having a very hard time finding recent manufacturer information about compatibility (sites are from 2014, maybe 2016... nothing that's clearly modern 2021 information including the latest car seat models, which is necessary for me to have confidence we can shop the new ones we want).

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it snap in and out of a base? If so, the base attaches to the metal hooks between the seat and the seat back, then you tighten the strap down and leave it. I'd suggest a car seat base protector (amazon) so it doesn't jack up your leather. With the base you don't use the seat belt.

If yours doesn't have a base and you have to use the seat belt each time RUN FAR AWAY from that POS. You'll go mad.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Yea get the dang car seat that attaches to the latches and be done with it. The seat belt method sucks.
Lol, helllll yes this is the answer. Unfortunately this is superseded by my wife telling me the LATCH platform only works up to some weight limit and we're going to need to use seatbelts at some point.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit
Lol, helllll yes this is the answer. Unfortunately this is superseded by my wife telling me the LATCH platform only works up to some weight limit and we're going to need to use seatbelts at some point.
Well shit. Wifey is always right, right? I just had a kid he's a bit over 2 months now and about 15lb so I have no idea yet. :)