Carrying Additional Fuel - Desert Guys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to purchase a couple of these modern NATO fuel cans... these are made by a Canadian company called Scepter, they are now made of a new age plastic rather than the metal ones from WWII called "Jerry Cans".

I'd like a set up like this:

OrangeCansXterraTH.jpg

Any of you Desert guys see a carrier like this that would fit on the back of the Raptor?

This is a Ford F250... but I think this would work better:

f250sparetyre1%20copy.gif

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it would be easy enough to adapt into a trailer hitch receiver...

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dezertdawg has something like that in his bed
Check the survivalism in your Raptor thread

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found KAYMAR, they're an Australian company... that two can holder is like $800 bucks and fits onto their $3000 bumper! OUCH!

The bumper has a pivot in the corner so the can holder swings out...

I'd be willling to pay $400-500 for a rack, but I'm not going to spend almost $4000!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The only real way to get some cans on your rear is to have a bumper fab'd... Unless you never want to get access to the bed the hitch versions ones don't really have a good way to swing out of the way. It requires a SUPER strong spindle and bumper to do what you want. While 3K is steep for just a rear bumper 2k for everything seems about right.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found some Scepter Cans (new) on Ebay :)

For now, I'm going to strap them at the front of the bed. At some point in the future, I will have a 2" square hitch type pipe made that comes out and then turns to the left (driver's side) and then have a metal container box welded in place.

This way it will be secure using the hitch, and will be off to the left not obscuring the license plate and will be easily removable.

Thanks for the replies,
Mark

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
I know those cans are awesome. def want the new plastic ones. I would remind you about the funnel for it. commonly called by Soldiers as "donkey ****." If you forget those you will have a hard time pouring from the huge spout. The spout actually screws right in place of the cap.