Carrizo Plain Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on the annual pilgrimage to track down wildflowers this year since all the news about the Superbloom has been going on. But this time we had the Raptor as opposed to a Dodge Charger! The Raptor opened up basically all roads around the National Monument to us as well as comfort, the ability to navigate easily as well as speed to head out after a long day. For us, I'd say the 1st 10 miles was the best along Elkhorn Rd because the terrain limited the # of travelers. Most vehicles were AWD SUVs or the random latte drinker that decided to risk his Honda Accord going thru the washes. Not sure how they made a few of them. Anyway, I'd recommend a week day to go out if you're able to. The marked pins on the map are Hurricane Rd and Wallace Creek.

Carrizo Route.pngN01.jpgN02.jpgN03.jpgN04.jpg

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I've been all over that place. My wife does research out there on the Giant Kangaroo Rat. When its green and the wildflowers are out its awesome! We were there about a month ago. It was just starting.
Did you see the elk, any antelope, or any condors?