GEN 2 CarPlay not connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klink4

Reaction score
Anyone else experience issues with carplay not connecting? When it doesn’t work my phone goes to an intermittent vibrating. Typically happens in mornings and by afternoon it works again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Your phone vibrates when you plug it in. So if it’s intermittently vibrating you probably have a bad connection. Try another cable. Some third party cables have variance issues with the lightning plug that result in a lose connection. Also, make sure you iPhone is unlocked when you first plug it in (a recent update restricts data transmission via the lightning port if the phone hasn’t been unlocked recently.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
every now and then, i have to unplug the phone and re plug it in...using genuine apple cable.

The phones authentication can get confused if you dont wait until the radio is completely booted up bore going to apple car play.

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started having trouble recently as well. Maybe in the last week or so. Can’t seem to get my iPhone connected in the morning. I only use Apple cables. I Went into settings and disabled then re-enabled CarPlay I did that a few times and it finally connected.

Was there a recent update that messed with CarPlay?

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue after an iOS update. I removed and reinstalled the phone from the truck’s blue tooth list. When reinstalling there was a question about Car Play connecting by cable or blue tooth, I selected cable. This solved my issue. Good Luck.

LeCreaux

Reaction score
CarPlay consistently freezes my system. Only way to unfreeze it while driving is to reset the head unit by holding the volume and skip buttons until the head unit restarts. If the iPhone is still connected to USB it will immediately connect to CarPlay after reset - but then the truck's Ambient Light is now reset to 0.

I would really like to use CarPlay but having to reset the head unit repeatedly while driving is just too much of a hassle.

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes after not working in the morning; CarPlay will just start working in the afternoon. He only way I’ve been able to consistently get CarPlay to work os go into sync setting menu and perform the factory reset. It will reset, boot back up and CarPlay loads right up. Crazy. Ford must be getting complaints about this.