GEN 2 Carplay issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Quest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve found a short cable works better then an extended one. Could be a power transfer issue or could just be a coincidence. After I changed to a shorter cable I had no issues.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just replaced my USB port. It lights up now, they said they tested it with no issues. I got the truck back worked fine for a bit and just tried it and it's wouldn't connect again. Still searching for a solution.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A cable that’s good for charging isn’t always good for Apple CarPlay. Often having to jimmy the cable in my phone to get it to connect. Ford really dropped the ball not making a wireless connection the standard.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the same issue, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I am using apple cable (not the new one that came with the iphone 11 because end of it is not USB) but one from my iphone X. Will try swapping out the cable first.

mgkdds

Reaction score
Have a 2020 with that same issue. Took it to my salesman and he was dumbfounded. Hopped in his new 2020 F250 and used my same cord (which is an apple cord) and phone and it worked flawlessly. Have an appointment tuesday to fix the issue. Will report back

mgkdds

Reaction score
He said the tech would look at it and they are going to replace the usb hub

mgkdds

Reaction score
They reset my sync system and so far its been working. Ill give it a few more days to see if it is truly fixed. I have my doubts but would loved to be proven wrong.
They did not replace my usb hub. Ill touch base next week to see if it totally fixed it due to it working one day and not working the next previously

mgkdds

Reaction score
It only lasted a day. Did not solve the problem. This is a joke at this point. I’m beginning to think it’s an issue with the raptor and Ford performance start up screen. My phone shows up on usb like it did before car play was even a thing. So I don’t think it’s a usb problem but a software problem.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bug in Sync version 3.4 found in the 2020s. My Sync version 3.3 In my 2019 works perfect 100% of the time.

Last edited: