GEN 2 Carplay issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I’d ask here to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Just got my 2020 today. Sync would connect to iPhone, give the ‘carplay’ option in the menus but not give me the button to use it. I did a reset and it worked fine. I shut the car off, it’s missing again, reset and it’s there again... shut off missing again. I’ve done this 4 times now with the same result. Ford says I have the newest update installed. Hopefully there’s a trick and I don’t have to go back to ford lol.

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using it in the 18 fine too, just swapped trucks. I was having issues with it in the lot but figured I was the issue and got home. I should’ve asked someone there before I left lol. The updated sync looks a lot different.

FloonDog

Reaction score
Mine is flaky and I’ve found some cables work better than others. Try a real Apple cable if you haven’t already.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a different iPhone cable... especially if it’s not an authentic Apple cable. Every time I’ve had a problem with CarPlay it’s because the cable was bad. Can’t tell you how many times I restarted my phone, or car only to finally realize it’s the stupid cable.

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 18 I’d replace the cable every couple months to keep it working. This is something funky in sync. I may have to go to the damn dealership. I read on other forums that they had to replace the modular or some shit to get it to work proper.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine requires me to unplug and replug the cable every 15-20 minutes. I don’t use it much.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the advice above is dead on. 99% of the time it is the cable even if you think you have a good cable. Dewalt sells a heavy duty cable for iPhone. So far this cable has lasted the longest for me. It is reinforced very well. I got it at Lowes.