CarPlay hit or miss.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone track this down yet ?

I’m on the most current version of SYNC and iOS.

sometimes CarPlay sill work as expected via usb and sometimes I can’t get it to start for the life of me.

can seem to find a reason for it.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I'd say 30% it will work as it should day to day. Pretty much over it all together when my Audi has wireless CarPlay that works flawlessly.

mattjm

Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t seem to have that problem - it is fairly reliable for me.

For the life of me, I can’t remember what the exact issue was with CarPlay but I read somewhere that Waze was causing a problem and the only to fix it was to close the Waze app running in the background on your iPhone. Just as a test, try closing all background running apps on your iPhone prior to connecting via USB and see if the reliability improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine is you 7 out of 10 times.

The three where it fails, i just unplug the usb and close any open apps on my iPhone and it starts up properly. same whether i am in my Raptor or the Explorer

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s the cable. I had horrible connection issues and all I changed was the cable. No issues since then.

The stuff from Amazon seems to be hit or miss with Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
Interesting... My CarPlay works flawlessly every time. I don't have the Waze app. I use Apple Music, Spotify, google maps, Apple Maps, and messages. that is it.

mradams

Reaction score
It was hit and miss for me for a while even on an Apple cable. I started unlocking my phone before connecting it and I did not have any issues since. I upgraded to the 12 and have not had any issues even with it locked when connecting.