CarBridge for Apple CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is CarBridge? Crappy tutorial here:

I've been keeping an eye on the Pheonix Android Radio as a potential upgrade in the future and comparing it to my current setup with CarBridge running on an old jailbroken iPhone. I got a couple questions about how to do this, and thought there was a thread explaining this out there, but the only one I found was some tool begging for youtube subscriptions without explaining how to install it.
"If I get enough subscribers I'll do a tutorial on how to install it." :untitled:

Carbridge allows you to play any app on your Sync screen and have the audio come through your Raptor's speakers: I have a '17 802a and it works damn near flawlessly. You can manipulate your phone from the screen, allowing you to put it down in the tray if you prefer. Since the Sync screen becomes an extension of your iPhone screen, it does not require screen mirroring: you can run two apps at the same time. I keep mine mounted to my Builtright mount so I can have Waze running on my big screen while I have GMFB running on the iPhone (to listen to on my way into work); or I can run Waze on the phone while I run HGTV on the Sync screen for my wife on road trips (I swear it's for her, not me ;) ). It's also pretty cool to play College Gameday or NFL Sunday Ticket during tailgates.

View attachment 118685
(Waze on Sync with NFL Network on Phone)

View attachment 118686
(Waze on Phone with Youtube on Sync)

The process is simple, but it requires you to jailbreak an iPhone running iOS 11.4 or earlier. I found my old iPhone 6 with a broken screen with iOS 11.3 so I didn't have to jailbreak my primary phone. I did a factory reset on the phone and then went through the jailbreak process. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but it can be done pretty quick (~10 mins the first time I went through it). A good tutorial on the process is here:

After the iPhone has been jail broken and Cydia has been installed, you can search for the CarBridge App by "leftyfl1p" (in Cydia, not the Apple App Store). The app cost's $5 and asks you to sign up for an account- I did all of it and it is not a scam. Its simple to install, and a good tutorial is here:

I have found I have to reinstall the jailbreak every week or so, but it does work really well in between installs. It's not as cool as the new stuff coming out, but for the price of $5 and an old broken iPhone it's tough to beat! I hope this helps those looking for more info on how I set mine up (apologies for the delay in getting this out). This isn't my program, but if you have any questions I can try to help out.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this on a phone I had laying around. Any video apps you found you use? I have espn and YouTube that work. Netflix...not so much

OP
OP
Drifter

Drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this on a phone I had laying around. Any video apps you found you use? I have espn and YouTube that work. Netflix...not so much

I put NFL Network and Sunday Ticket on mine, as well as Fox, NBC and CBS Sports networks and the BigTen network. I have some news networks, but they just **** me off so I rarely use them. My wife digs HGTV and the DIY network if we’re taking a longer trip. Really, if you like a channel and it has an app, throw it on there.

I know Netflix won’t run on the sync screen, but it will run on the phone while Waze is on sync- not great for the wife to watch movies, but we just listened to Joe Rogan’s new special on a road trip this way. I’m pretty sure HBO, Starz, and Showtime all work on it. I think Amazon Video works and I have not tried Hulu.

All in all, for five bucks and a busted phone, pretty damn cool to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20