GEN 2 Carbon fiber steering wheel insert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xpro

Reaction score
The steering wheel looks great. My concern is, does that start the process of having to do all the Grey pieces. Does it not look out of place?

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel looks great. My concern is, does that start the process of having to do all the Grey pieces. Does it not look out of place?
I did the steering wheel insert and also the rear of the console at the A/C vents and control panel.
I would think that if you did all the grey parts this way it would definitely be too much and overdone. After all they are accent pieces.
My truck came with the Carbon Fiber package but I felt it needed a little more accented than it came with.
But you dont want to overdo it

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the steering wheel insert and also the rear of the console at the A/C vents and control panel.
I would think that if you did all the grey parts this way it would definitely be too much and overdone. After all they are accent pieces.
My truck came with the Carbon Fiber package but I felt it needed a little more accented than it came with.
But you dont want to overdo it

The good news is that it's cheap enough to try a few combinations to find the right balance, possibly use Amazon's return policy. Personally, I feel CF is a fairly neutral color/pattern so you can get away with more of it than other colors that stand out more.

I would be more concerned about having a bit of balance. I think the steering wheel is fine since the wheel will balance against the standard CF above the glove compartment. If you do the vents, I'd think you'd want to do all 4 instead of just the inside or just the outside.