Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Center Cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
So I may be late to the CF party but I just picked up my 2020 in April. Im looking to swap out just the center piece similar to how the Shelby raptor is set up. (Don’t need to spend $1500+ on a new wheel when I live in NY and like the heated function during the winter)

I’ve seen both carbon cartel and vivid racing list this piece online. Anybody in here have these? Pics/reviews? Biggest concern of mine is it matching the OEM CF finish on the other parts in the truck.

I wish Ford/Shelby would just sell certain pieces directly from the dealership

Attachments

• 5172463F-FBCE-4333-851B-14E8099E03B8.jpeg
    5172463F-FBCE-4333-851B-14E8099E03B8.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 132

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019. That plastic center piece where you press to honk/where the emblem is has torn twice through the perforations that are made to tear when the airbag deploys. Both times replaced under warranty. I can tell you that I wasn’t able to only replace the cover as it comes from Ford attached to the airbag as the driver airbag assembly. Had no luck finding just the cover. You’ll notice if you google Ford Raptor steering wheel airbag cover most of the options are several hundred dollars as they come attached to an airbag.

Unless you wanna pay some guy the $3k he’s asking on eBay to custom make you a carbon fiber one out of a genuine OEM Shelby Raptor Steering wheel but god knows what you’ll get from FedEx when it finally arrives

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I may be late to the CF party but I just picked up my 2020 in April. Im looking to swap out just the center piece similar to how the Shelby raptor is set up. (Don’t need to spend $1500+ on a new wheel when I live in NY and like the heated function during the winter)

I’ve seen both carbon cartel and vivid racing list this piece online. Anybody in here have these? Pics/reviews? Biggest concern of mine is it matching the OEM CF finish on the other parts in the truck.

I wish Ford/Shelby would just sell certain pieces directly from the dealership
Well it looks nice.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a sexy interior… the carbon fiber accents really set off the combination very well.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to note, the Shelby interior pieces are all "carbon fiber look". Not actual carbon fiber. The picture attached above has this CF look.
Exactly. You could get all of this on Ebay.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the CF "look" has always looked very cheap/shiney plastic crap you'd get at a swap meet!
Lol agreed. My 2019 has it and while nicer than the flat black option still looks like a Honda Civic upgrade from a local discount auto parts store

OP
OP
BlueTheRaptor

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Just to note, the Shelby interior pieces are all "carbon fiber look". Not actual carbon fiber. The picture attached above has this CF look.
Is it really? I wasn’t aware. I’m a sucker for carbon fiber. I like a nice interior in general. The steering wheel train just seems off on the inside with everything else being carbon fiber. Not everybody’s taste but I like it.