Carbon Fiber Shifter through Fordparts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drummermike58

Reaction score
Ok goose.... I am 17 pages through your build thread and blown away by your effort and attention to detail. You've got to be a prior military commo dude or an engineer. Impressive man!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK got it done. I could not really push the tabs in through the boot no matter what I did... I ended up using a trim tool to pry the side off the clip, then the passenger side was easy. I thought I might have broken the clip but all was good.

Reaction score
OK got it done. I could not really push the tabs in through the boot no matter what I did... I ended up using a trim tool to pry the side off the clip, then the passenger side was easy. I thought I might have broken the clip but all was good.

Same here...I get what you were saying when you thought it might have broke as there was a slight popping sound but I trusted your method and used a plastic pry tool to move the boot down, repeated on passenger side and it was easy from there... 5mins tops.

I’m happy with this mod, I like the look and feel of the Carbon Fiber shifter much better as I drive 90% of the time with my right hand on the shifter, a habit from driving manual transmission most of my life.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, the price has been all over the board for the carbon firer shifter. I have a 2018 and according to Ford I need part number HL3Z-7213HB the HL3ZhA is incorrect, maybe that model does not have the TOW button on the lower left side of the shifter.
My question is where can you get this for a reasonable price? $259.00 was the lowest cost I could find, much appreciated. I could not get the clips off of the shift knob to release the leather boot and I didn`t want to destroy it, so I tore apart the complete center console which was going to be required anyway to install the Ford light strip that illuminates the PRNDM next to the shifter, and it came out looking great! and really was not all that hard to do