Carbon fiber scratch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how deep the scratches are you may be able to use polishing compound to get them out. If they're a little deeper you can wet sand with very high grit sandpaper and follow up with polishing compound. Of course taking it to a good body shop my be your best bet if you don't feel comfortable wet sanding. I've worked with CF and made some of my own interior pieces for my cars in the past but I'm by no means an expert. Any chance you can post a picture? Maybe someone else on here can add some advise.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google, “Turtle wax clear coat pen.” While I haven’t used this on the carbon in my SCREW, my BMW S1K trackbike is full carbon fiber. I have had some nargly scratches and the pen works very well to fill it in and hide it. Might be worth a try...

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer scratched my center console carbon piece. I used mequiars compound, then polish and it came out perfect. The gel coat over carbon is thick, just go very slow and do it by hand.