Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you break any of those push in connectors? ;-) I will admit that I skimped a little on the pints because I was christening my new outbuilding/garage and had to walk back inside for each pint.

mirror caps, eh? hmm....
I might could give you fifty bucks for them.
The push pins were fine, I however didn't know there were hidden nuts/bolts so there was some breakage on the stock vent mounts. Oh well.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CF parts can be a PIA to install. It's next to impossible to manufacture them exactly to fit. But it's not that difficult of an install if a complete dolt like me can do it. However, now that I will be trading in, if and when they ever live to build my Gen3, I'm not going to take the CF hood and side vents off as I don't want to take a chance and F it up. Although I know I can sell them for a purdy penny here. Hmm.........

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The push pins were fine, I however didn't know there were hidden nuts/bolts so there was some breakage on the stock vent mounts. Oh well.
Just did mine today. Same. I was just yanking on it assuming I was fighting the two sided tape. Crack a lack, the thing finally came off with a bang, lol. Two brackets snapped off clean and could be epoxied back on if I ever want to use the stock piece again.

02217E41-328B-40C3-8094-083317CB9519.jpeg50344FAB-3F73-46C4-8618-399F403C5FE6.jpegF8C67AF9-0755-49A1-A209-A7CFAF90EFC4.jpeg52F61498-72F1-4A1B-979D-39977D853817.jpeg

Might get to the mirrors on Wednesday. Snaggy, your reference material is set to private, can’t see the install info. I’m sure I can find F150 mirror cap replacement on YouTube though. These really look great on Avalanche Gray just like I thought they would.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snagadore, I was one of your first buyer for the carbon parts. I have a question, is it normal for the Carbon parts to starts fading and chipping/lifting around the corners? My side vents is starting to do just that.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Snagadore, I was one of your first buyer for the carbon parts. I have a question, is it normal for the Carbon parts to starts fading and chipping/lifting around the corners? My side vents is starting to do just that.
Pics?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly, Gen3 parts are right around the corner?

supermoose

Reaction score
Just did mine today. Same. I was just yanking on it assuming I was fighting the two sided tape. Crack a lack, the thing finally came off with a bang, lol. Two brackets snapped off clean and could be epoxied back on if I ever want to use the stock piece again.

View attachment 354844View attachment 354845View attachment 354846View attachment 354847

Might get to the mirrors on Wednesday. Snaggy, your reference material is set to private, can’t see the install info. I’m sure I can find F150 mirror cap replacement on YouTube though. These really look great on Avalanche Gray just like I thought they would.

**** me that looks hawt.

Here's to hoping I can score some.