Carbon Fiber package no longer includes a carbon fiber shifter ... grrrr!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have watched multiple GEN3 videos and I never noticed this before until last night. I guess for the GEN3, the Carbon Fiber package no longer includes a carbon fiber shifter. Not sure why Ford took this away. The Carbon Fiber shifter in the GEN2 looked great!

Includes Unique Loss-Gloss, Black Tint Carbon Fiber Accents
• Upper Glovebox door
• Dash Appliqué
• Register Bezels
• Media Bin Door
• Front and Rear Door Appliqué

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have watched multiple GEN3 videos and I never noticed this before until last night. I guess for the GEN3, the Carbon Fiber package no longer includes a carbon fiber shifter. Not sure why Ford took this away. The Carbon Fiber shifter in the GEN2 looked great!

Includes Unique Loss-Gloss, Black Tint Carbon Fiber Accents
• Upper Glovebox door
• Dash Appliqué
• Register Bezels
• Media Bin Door
• Front and Rear Door Appliqué
They probably have to use the same one in the other F-150s to ensure it folds down properly. :D

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure the stick on real and fake CF prices will show up in no time. I’ve really never seen a non oem shifter CF or not for an F-150. But I could be wrong and why would there be, when Ford made them.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure the stick on real and fake CF prices will show up in no time. I’ve really never seen a non oem shifter CF or not for an F-150. But I could be wrong and why would there be, when Ford made them.

There seem to be a lot of them out there, this is just one. Not sure I would trust a stick on for the shifter, or any place that's going to get touched and move around a lot.

As for 2021, options aren't available yet since it's early. The folding shifter also could be a problem.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There seem to be a lot of them out there, this is just one. Not sure I would trust a stick on for the shifter, or any place that's going to get touched and move around a lot.

As for 2021, options aren't available yet since it's early. The folding shifter also could be a problem.
Yes plenty for Gen 2’s. The Gen 3 may pose a problem if nothing comes from Ford. That shifter looks like it will be somewhat involved to swap out as well. It’s also much smaller and it can be hidden. I can see why Ford didn’t bother dressing it up. Would have been nice though.

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Since thee was an OEM, it did not make sense for someone to fabricate one. Since Ford apparently isnt offering that option with Gen 3, Id expect someone to create one

bzogster

Reaction score
Are there videos and/or pictures of the interior (35) with and without the package?

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21' has the Carbon package and honestly I'm disappointed. My 19' had it and it looked awesome! Real carbon fiber. My 21' carbon pieces look fake and cheap in comparison.