Carbon Fiber package no longer includes a carbon fiber shifter ... grrrr!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing. the matte or flat carbon fiber look doesnt make it 'pop' like a glossy carbon fiber trim should. it hides it and it doesnt stand out... is there a way to put a film ppf style film over it to make it glossy?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing. the matte or flat carbon fiber look doesnt make it 'pop' like a glossy carbon fiber trim should. it hides it and it doesnt stand out... is there a way to put a film ppf style film over it to make it glossy?
I believe @EL Snagadore mentioned matte cf can become gloss with PPF applied. And you can make gloss cf, matte the same way.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 21' has the Carbon package and honestly I'm disappointed. My 19' had it and it looked awesome! Real carbon fiber. My 21' carbon pieces look fake and cheap in comparison.
I’m with you. The shifter especially feels like cheap dog ****. Coming from 2019 carbon the shifter felt solid. This new folding shifter sucks and seems way to close to the center console lid.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the hideaway aspect of it and the fold down work surface. It looks like a nice feature. Unfortunately they had to scale down the size and heft of it. The Gen 2 shifter is a Hefty thing and matched the truck well.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the chance of getting roasted on here. I'm wondering why, with paddle shifters, they didn't just go the knob route like in the GT500? They may have been able to have the work surface without a cheap little shifter lever that folds down.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the chance of getting roasted on here. I'm wondering why, with paddle shifters, they didn't just go the knob route like in the GT500? They may have been able to have the work surface without a cheap little shifter lever that folds down.
Lol. I think Fords research has showed, most truck guys want a shifter to handle. Look at the TRX.