Carbon Fiber interior w/ Xpel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey FRF - I don’t see any other threads where pictures of this have been posted but my friend threw clear Xpel over my carbon fiber interior pieces. I’m really happy how it turned out. He said it was a quick job and didn’t charge me - could be an option for those who weren’t thrilled with the CF option like myself. 470E07C7-D11D-4ECB-8B4F-17FBE5165171.jpegE48CBB03-9B0B-4227-B151-9455D2F10004.jpeg

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RaptorFan1988 Speaking of Xpel, when you got your front end filmed. Did they do the full bumper, FORD emblem, and any other intricate details to protect from stone chips? My truck arrives this week and I'd love to be specific when telling my shop what I want done.

OP
OP
RaptorFan1988

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RaptorFan1988 Speaking of Xpel, when you got your front end filmed. Did they do the full bumper, FORD emblem, and any other intricate details to protect from stone chips? My truck arrives this week and I'd love to be specific when telling my shop what I want done.
Correct, basically any surface on the front end was done, the FORD lettering, headlights, hood, a pillars, mirrors, lower bumper, fenders, rockers etc. They can’t do the grille for obvious reasons but practically every other part was filmed. He did clear Xpel on all painted surfaces and stealth Xpel on the bumper, fenders, etc. I will say he said the lower bumper was particularly uncooperative. Pay close attention to that when you receive your truck back.

Also, im pretty sure in order to apply Xpel you need to be an authorized installer by Xpel themselves. I believe it’s because the product is warrantied for 10 years.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, basically any surface on the front end was done, the FORD lettering, headlights, hood, a pillars, mirrors, lower bumper, fenders, rockers etc. They can’t do the grille for obvious reasons but practically every other part was filmed. He did clear Xpel on all painted surfaces and stealth Xpel on the bumper, fenders, etc. I will say he said the lower bumper was particularly uncooperative. Pay close attention to that when you receive your truck back.

Also, im pretty sure in order to apply Xpel you need to be an authorized installer by Xpel themselves. I believe it’s because the product is warrantied for 10 years.
Thank you, I'm going to get the following areas covered in Xpel 10mil. I just had my new Lamborghini 100% covered and my Model Y Performance in stealth. With how intricate the bumper is on the truck I'm glad I found the Xpel link below so I can tell my installer exactly what I want done.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 2.04.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 2.04.56 PM.png

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my truck done they threw xpel on my carbon on one piece to see what I thought.. told them rip it right out lol. I'm sure it's fine overall, but I just really didn't like it. Felt like it would stick out too much in the cabin. Glad you like it tho for sure.

OP
OP
RaptorFan1988

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my truck done they threw xpel on my carbon on one piece to see what I thought.. told them rip it right out lol. I'm sure it's fine overall, but I just really didn't like it. Felt like it would stick out too much in the cabin. Glad you like it tho for sure.
I can definitely see where you’re coming from. At the end of the day I think this is the kind of thing that people should decide when they’re in the shop getting the rest of the filming done. It just comes down to personal preference.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another way is taking out the CF pieces if you can and get them clear lacquered but not sure how the fitment would be putting it back on. Not sure if the thickness of the "lacquer" would causes problems putting it back in.

Edit: Someone below had their mind in the gutter below lmaooo

Last edited: