Carbon Fiber Hood Vent & Fender Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkman

Reaction score
APR performance is so much more money than C7 Carbon...is it worth it?

APR side vents: $589
APR hood vent: $899

C7 Carbon side vents: $269
C7 Carbon hood vent: $549

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
APR and Anderson are going to be the best carbon fiber you can buy the rest are a carbon fiber layer with a fiberglass back layer just like the pictures above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharkman

Reaction score
but does it really matter? If I am just going for looks, what does it matter if it is C7 Carbon or APR? I mean, APR is over $700 more so what does that buy you?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but does it really matter? If I am just going for looks, what does it matter if it is C7 Carbon or APR? I mean, APR is over $700 more so what does that buy you?

Fit, finish, strength, weight, durability and integrity of the materials used. Wet layup as opposed to autoclave carbon is a big difference.

I have used and purchased tons of carbon fiber from many manufactures. Even made my own and repaired the stuff.

What you put on your vehicle is your business and if you want to save the money that’s your choice. I’m providing what the difference is so others can be informed. It may not matter to you but others do care.

If the topcoat yellows in the sun will you be happy a year from now?

Again your money your choice not sure why you appear to be mad when people ask questions. I have years of experience with the material and the manufacturing process.

Sharkman

Reaction score
Hi. I am definitely not mad. not at all. REALLY appreciate your opinion and expertise! I want the best for my truck and you just convinced me the extra $ is worth spending for APR since it is higher quality. Thank you!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am definitely not mad. not at all. REALLY appreciate your opinion and expertise! I want the best for my truck and you just convinced me the extra $ is worth spending for APR since it is higher quality. Thank you!

I completely understand on the fairly non functional cost of the raptor pieces.

You won’t be disappointed with APR!

I had a lot of carbon on my C7 Grandsport and the APR stuff was/is amazing. Rear diffuser, side skirts and spats.

I also tried the C7 carbon side skirts and front diffuser, they looked decent and fit was ok but no comparison in the manufacturing process and the care APR takes.

Looking at a diffuser for my ZL1 1LE and the only two I will consider are APR and Anderson.