GEN 2 Carbon fiber hood insert, side vents and flares?! Seems pricey to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
#freejimbo
Jimbo-Web-sign.jpg

Vekki

Reaction score
curious how bad these parts fade with UV exposure. How long till they turn the resin yellow..

FordF150Man

Reaction score
Icon and Express Aero Carbon warning = bad parts

BUYER BEWARE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY FROM THESE GUYS
I have a buddy that bought the Icon or Express Aero Kit parts on EBay he is very unhappy called them they don't care they say good quality.
I saw the parts in person tried to help my friend these are my observations and I work in the automotive aftermarket sector for Ford.
1. Weave is terrible on every part Fenders, Hood and Fender vents all the same even on small fender vents
2. These are hand laid up using fiberglass molds you can tell very uneven parts are terrible.
3. Clarity is really bad in the resin has not been applied correctly
4. Dimples on the Hood Vent above attachment point same as on other parts in this thread.
5. Cloth seams show front one to the next on the hood vent and fender vents.
5 Fenders do not fit well and need so much work to get the tabs on them and the flange is uneven also you can see they laminated fiberglass flange on to the back
He had so many issues he just decided to resell on Craig’s list for cheap cut his losses.
FYI these are not the same guys that supplied the parts for the FORD Charity Truck I asked around at FORD.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Looks like the top of the hood vent are hazing already

I only did hood and side vents as I have other plans for flares, not sure on install as my mechanic picked it up and took it with him, he said exact to a tee fitting and brackets .
The only thing I wish is they side vents came with slits or air pockets like the factory ones but all in all happy with the looks..

Im having them make me some CF tailgate, side bed rails as well as pillar posts to match it all up 44ea7c8018d373a45b05f8cbdded6dc9.jpge70444bba6f39fd69bcd0b8b6dd5a49b.jpgea752e01cbe9df5c91287a76b3de95d5.jpg8f466b16b5296391ea6142181676d38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Haha. I will say there is a huge weight difference with these! But the last thing on my mind was saving weight , it was for looks only.. if it gets me to the lake house on weekends and stays still sitting in garage periodically 2d944fc5b0a92816a5fe9fc02d64279f.jpgit's the best raptor in the country.. and funny thing is I ran off driveway for the first time ever in this bitch as I couldn't see the driveway but take a look at zig zag I'm dealing with getting to house. This is start of driveway 3285d3bfa141fdfaebc054d96267601d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Check this out these guys are trying to act like the Parts they make were on F22 lying to the public not good unacceptable in fact
Do not buy from Icon or Aero Express on EBay and Bodykits.com

i-31163117-ford-raptor-f-22-icon-composites-carbon-fiber-8-pcs-full-body-kit-660115.html

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Also bodykits.com

BUYER BEWARE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY FROM THESE GUYS
I have a buddy that bought the Icon or Express Aero Kit parts on EBay he is very unhappy called them they don't care they say good quality.
I saw the parts in person tried to help my friend these are my observations and I work in the automotive aftermarket sector for Ford.
1. Weave is terrible on every part Fenders, Hood and Fender vents all the same even on small fender vents
2. These are hand laid up using fiberglass molds you can tell very uneven parts are terrible.
3. Clarity is really bad in the resin has not been applied correctly
4. Dimples on the Hood Vent above attachment point same as on other parts in this thread.
5. Cloth seams show front one to the next on the hood vent and fender vents.
5 Fenders do not fit well and need so much work to get the tabs on them and the flange is uneven also you can see they laminated fiberglass flange on to the back
He had so many issues he just decided to resell on Craig’s list for cheap cut his losses.
FYI these are not the same guys that supplied the parts for the FORD Charity Truck I asked around at FORD.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Looks like the top of the hood vent are hazing already

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Check this out these guys are trying to act like the Parts they make were on F22 lying to the public not good unacceptable in fact
Do not buy from Icon or Aero Express on EBay and Bodykits.com

i-31163117-ford-raptor-f-22-icon-composites-carbon-fiber-8-pcs-full-body-kit-660115.html

FordF150Man

Reaction score
Carbon is Bad

Just trying to help out fellow Raptor owners on this not directed at you look at your fender vent pick the vent is not not even fit in the depression in the fender on the right side this is the same issue my buddy had also.

don't you think all the parts should be legit.

Your truck look great by the way

Put the Whipple stage 1 mine is so darn fast.

Dude, the c/f hood insert is legit.
side vents ... not so much.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had the time to do my hood insert and wiper cowl thing; not fading as of yet on mine as for the venting the side vents do work. here its winter and door and fenders are cold while the vents are warm for engine venting

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Icon Composites. Not cheap and some of worst carbon weave I've seen. The clear coat has bubbles on all the pieces. The market having some of the finest carbon that's made in the USA what a joke. I've seen better Carbon that came from China. I know I know I shouldn't have put Carbon on a Raptor in the first place. I'm just here to save the next guy from getting scammed by these guys.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg