Carbon Fiber Hood and fender vents..17-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDZ

Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to hear. Did you install yourself or pay someone to put on for you. Would you mind posting some pics

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

I am out of town and don’t have pictures but I see someone else posted some. The side vents can be removed easily ( check YouTube for videos), and hood vent is more difficult due to awkward location and involves multiple clips and some adhesive tape rear edge, but can be done yourself if you are comfortable disassembling other clip parts from vehicles.

Anderson parts use bolts and nuts rather than clips to bolt pieces on which is good as it helps prevent theft. They use holes from clip-in points and are exact size as OEM. I have not seen all the other options but I cannot find anything to criticize about these parts.

Also, these are traditional carbon fiber weave in high gloss, as opposed to the less expensive vents mentioned above which are “forged” carbon fiber. Very different look. These match interior carbon trim option if you have.

Good luck and have a great day.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am out of town and don’t have pictures but I see someone else posted some. The side vents can be removed easily ( check YouTube for videos), and hood vent is more difficult due to awkward location and involves multiple clips and some adhesive tape rear edge, but can be done yourself if you are comfortable disassembling other clip parts from vehicles.

Anderson parts use bolts and nuts rather than clips to bolt pieces on which is good as it helps prevent theft. They use holes from clip-in points and are exact size as OEM. I have not seen all the other options but I cannot find anything to criticize about these parts.

Also, these are traditional carbon fiber weave in high gloss, as opposed to the less expensive vents mentioned above which are “forged” carbon fiber. Very different look. These match interior carbon trim option if you have.

Forged carbon fiber costs much much more.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score

Thank you, that helps a lot.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

JDZ

Reaction score
Did not mean or say the forged carbon vents are “cheap” - just said they were selling for less money by a member who was generous to offer them at that price. He also made traditional wrapped carbon pieces I believe but seemed it was a limited run.

My point was just to inform so as to be aware of how they look different so he gets what type of carbon look he prefers.

Have a great off-road day!

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3k twill "classic CF" is timeless, Looks amazing and is classy. matte 3K is sorta like an edgy version of the classic CF. Forged carbon is definitely an acquired look, and Matte forged even more so. Forged carbon was designed to be made into actual parts that can be cut, drilled, and fabricated. You can have weight bearing on it and put it through some husky abuse. That's not the case with CF weave, It will crack and fray if you try and fabricate it. For some applications 3K twill CF is better. Traditional CF dissipates energy very well that why chassis and frames are made from CF. Its light,strong and very functional. I had all three sets (Glossy, Matte, Glossy Forged) on my white Raptor. Personally I think the Matte and glossy CF look the best with the matte having a slight edge just because the breakup from a gloss paint to the matte makes it stand out a bit more. The forged looks so bad ass but I'm not sure how I feel about it on a truck. I haven't seen the forged matte but I am getting a set of mirrors made in all 4 finishes just to see. That being said I left the classic glossy on my truck because it fits anything, from F1 cars to iphone cases. I would say it depends on your taste and then factor in the color of your truck. Whatever you choose and decide to go with I'm sure it will look great.

n8doggnp

Reaction score
I have the Anderson composites and love them. Only regret I have is going with the wide flares instead of the stock size (or at least in the front). No modifications necessary to install all 7 pieces.
Why do you regret going with wide? Any pics of your truck? I also have Oxford White and am considering the flares.