Carbon Fiber Dash & Accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has me curious if I could wrap my ruberized center console lid.... hmmmm

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks fantastic. Can you explain how you went about making the templates and what contact paper you used? Did you remove trim or do it all in place? Did you just rough cut and then slowly work up to the final shapes by trial and error with the contact paper?

Same questions. Also curious to know if there's any secret to making sure the cross hatch pattern lines up correctly.

OP
OP
Y

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your dash isn't damaged, I wouldn't recommend wrapping it. Vinyl wrap doesn't adhere well to textured surfaces. I would hate to see anyone do all that work and it not stick when summer rolls around. I only wrapped mine because it was damaged from the factory.

Since Ford refused to replace it under warranty, my option was to order a new dash or cover it up.

@CigarPundit I used contact brand shelf liner you can get at Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, Amazon, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R8AWBJI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

@melvimbe In order to line up the pattern in the middle, I installed the right side carbon fiber 1st. Then I made the left side pattern with contact paper.

Cut the pattern out of the contact paper and line it up on your dash to verify proper fit.

With right side carbon fiber installed and the contact paper pattern installed on the left, take a small piece of carbon fiber and aligned it to the right side carbon fiber pattern, stick it down on top of your left side contact paper pattern.

Remove your left side pattern, place it on top of the carbon fiber wrap, align the pattern marks to the material and cut it out.

The center line is covered with a thin strip of 3M matte black on the outside and a thin strip of brushed aluminum wrap on the outside. Hope that helps.

Also, due to the complex curves of the 2 inside corners by the front speaker, you will need to do an inlay on both corners near the speaker. If not, vinyl has memory and it will not stick. If you have ninja blade skills with an olfa knife, you can cut on your dash and make an inlay. If not, you could try knifeless tape.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense. I have minor scratches on the dash. The kind that really I'm going to notice. If I do something like this, it would be more because it's a relatively cheap project to do, and easily removed if it doesn't turn out right.