Carbon Fiber D-Style Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good , i think i would want the D part ,on bottom of wheel for more leg room. To bad it didn't work out on the prototype

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good , i think i would want the D part ,on bottom of wheel for more leg room. To bad it didn't work out on the prototype

With wanting to keep the stock Ford look we weren't able to make it happen due to the way the lower support is made. I would have had to change over to a completely different wheel. I wanted to keep it as close to the Ford look and the cost would have been at least triple.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks killer but the point of a d shaped wheel is to provide more leg clearance. Why put the flat on the top of the wheel where it does no good? I guess if you were really short and needed to look over the wheel it would be nice.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ agreed I understand the logic you were using with the flat top idea and the LEDs to tie in with RPM gauge but since that did not work out I would have just gone with a standard circular steering wheel in CF and ditched the flat top. Looks awkward to be honest.

Looks like really nice quality not bashing that at all I like the design but the flat top should have been axed from final product.

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really wanted to add the LED's but we weren't able to get it to work. Instead of scrapping the wheel I went with it for this build. It is more comfortable when driving is about all. I do wish I could have more leg room but with the way the wheel is designed the supports don't allow for it without a complete wheel redesign. Didn't want to go that route at this time. Maybe the next build.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I notice you replaced the silver plastic with black pieces...mind if I ask how much that cost, and how hard it was to do? That's on my list of things to do

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I notice you replaced the silver plastic with black pieces...mind if I ask how much that cost, and how hard it was to do? That's on my list of things to do

They are all painted piano black. My guy charged me $700 to pull and paint my interior along with ceramic coating on all the parts as well. I couldn't stand the stock greyish silver. Looked cheap.

I have this posted on another thread here are the full views of the interior.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dmpdWwF4zKQkLtfp8

Last edited:

Fuelonempty

Reaction score
Very nice, I am actually in the waiting list right now for the LED lights, I think you were the first Raptor wheel, I think mine is second.

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice, I am actually in the waiting list right now for the LED lights, I think you were the first Raptor wheel, I think mine is second.

Yes mine was the first. I needed it for a show so I had to cut the production short on the LED set up. I will have it on my next build. I hope they are able to work out the issues for yours. Let me know how it goes since I really wanted it.