Carbon Cartel steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amp

Reaction score
After sitting in my garage for about a month, I finally got around to getting the Carbon Cartel wheel installed.

I chose the flat top and flat bottom wheel, but decided against getting the carbon trim insert. Didn't like the look when you have 2 mismatched carbon fiber pieces next to each other. It's hard to get it right unless the weave is the same, and flowing in the same direction.

The heating function was disconnected since the new wheel doesn't support it.

raptorwheel-straight-full-1.jpg

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After sitting in my garage for about a month, I finally got around to getting the Carbon Cartel wheel installed.

I chose the flat top and flat bottom wheel, but decided against getting the carbon trim insert. Didn't like the look when you have 2 mismatched carbon fiber pieces next to each other. It's hard to get it right unless the weave is the same, and flowing in the same direction.

The heating function was disconnected since the new wheel doesn't support it.

raptorwheel-straight-full-1.jpg
Love that CF wheel, if the heating function worked, I’d buy one tomorrow.

OP
OP
A

amp

Reaction score
What’s that screen? Can we see a close up?

Yeah, it's the Phoenix Android screen.

Basically an Android tablet with a custom trim that fits into the console. The 3 buttons get relocated to the top, and you lose the physical volume and tune dials, and they become digital or you can use your steering wheel controls.

Raptor50

Reaction score
Hows the quality of the CF Steering Wheel? Just installed a Porsche OEM CF Steering wheel in my Macan Turbo and love it (took me a few months to work up the nerve to swap it myself, turned out to be the easiest mod, less then 30 minutes)! So I've been researching options for the Raptor. Did you install the wheel yourself?

Joe R

Reaction score
Because the heated steering wheel function is disabled is probably why I’m don’t buy for my Raptor!!!

OP
OP
A

amp

Reaction score
Hows the quality of the CF Steering Wheel? Just installed a Porsche OEM CF Steering wheel in my Macan Turbo and love it (took me a few months to work up the nerve to swap it myself, turned out to be the easiest mod, less then 30 minutes)! So I've been researching options for the Raptor. Did you install the wheel yourself?

I wasn't that comfortable taking it apart and getting it aligned correctly, so I had a local shop take care of it.

They really did a good job with the flat top and bottom. The bottom flat length is longer than the top flat length, and also the transition from the curved part of the wheel to the top flat area is very subtle. The bottom flat area transition has a more noticeable edge to it than the top, but it's nothing sharp at all. The CF quality is nice, and doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the CF quality in the truck. I'm also still able to see the dash instrumentation through the top part of the steering wheel OK.

It was worth it IMO. I'm not a fan of how a leather steering wheel ages and gets shiny over time from just regular wear. Most of the surface that I grip is the CF, so the leather tends to last longer especially on a daily driver. I've had CF wheels installed on a few of my other cars, and they've all held up well.