Carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if you ever addressed the issue of carb approval for the 2.9L supercharger kit for the raptors for california raptor owners

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with The question...but if an engine is just a big "Air Pump", it would seem logical to ensure and enable vehicle owners to setup their engine to operate as efficiently as possible...

Hell a damn leaf blower or weed eater probably puts out more "bad shit" into the environment than a Raptor or even a Race truck...

Just silly laws...IMO

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the problem is half the people :cough:hondaowners:cough: don't have any clue what they're doing and make their car put out less power and run extremely bad emissions, most cars I see have been modified where they actually pull oil from the sump and burn it in the combustion chamber, or they made it run so rich that it was nearly hydrolocking, not intentionally, but the mods they did caused it, that's why california has all the stupid rules on modifications, there are quite a few loopholes though, and every year there are more and more legal aftermarket mods on the market

MTF, do you know what the EO number is?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you asking about the EQ Ratios?

I did my inspection at the dealer here in NY in Dec.
And the tech didn' t print out my results all I have is a passed certificate. They do not use the sniffer anymore, just the OBD11 port on late model cars.

But Whipple has all that info,

And I am running 93 octane so it may make a very small difference I could use my scanner to give my numbers if that's what you want.

I was trying look for the guy who did get his Whippled Raptor with Kooks headers in Cal. but he had to use the stock cats in order to pass.
Those high flow cats are only a 200 cell and the stocks are near 500 cells.
If I find the thread I'll post it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EO is the executive order number, it's allows an aftermarket upgrade to be legal in california, I've been looking at the EO database and can't find the one for the whipple supercharger for the ford 6.2L

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What cups said, I'm not from Cal. so I've never heard that term before.

Update:

The C.A.R.B. for California for the Whipple is still pending, the state is dragging their you know what.

Last edited: