GEN 2 Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOK JR

Reaction score
Many carwash systems won't take a raptor. I use a couple that say duallies will fit.
By far the best one I use has neoprene brushes that spin at very low speed. Using it for over ten years with black F150s and last 2.5 years with a black Raptor. There are no brush marks on the truck.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RTFM. This has been in the Raptor Supplement manual since 2010 but odd that it continues to be asked to this day.

720f9bae21336a475ddd49475354f1f0.jpg

Ref: page 42 in the 2020 supplement manual
I feel ya. However I don’t think the topic was if you should or shouldn’t, but do you or don’t you use an auto car wash.

Several have mentioned what the manual states or Ford recommends so I think that’s pretty clear now. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Manual is written by lawyers. Screw that BS. If I listened to the manual, I'd never adjust my seat when moving, my steering wheel, etc. Bunch of crap.

Now, where in the manual does it tell you the door code? :lol:

Reaction score
I learned my lesson several years ago with my E46 M3 (black). You don’t know how bad was the vehicle before you and those brushes collect a ton of debris. Since then I use the DIY wash drive home fast enough to remove most of the water and then proceed to detail the truck. Ive also tried the touch-less ones but the spray nozzles came too close to the truck and lifted the corner of my Rappy Graphics demon eyes.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use automated with brushes every once in a while for the undercarriage option.

I just ask the manager if the Raptor will fit. I haven’t had any issue at the ones around me yet but they are all newer.

I got a used Gen1. It came with some “character” so I don’t mind if it gets a little scratched by the brushes. It lives outside and gets rode hard and put away wet. It’s a Raptor, use it like the truck it is- it was made for this stuff!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Manual is written by lawyers. Screw that BS. If I listened to the manual, I'd never adjust my seat when moving, my steering wheel, etc. Bunch of crap.

Now, where in the manual does it tell you the door code? :lol:

Back page.