GEN 2 Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure, plus you being in SoCal you don't have the winter garbage like we have in CO. The mag will etch the clear coat if you leave it on there, so getting it off is priority one. I have a full detail type setup in my garage which I use for my more 'delicate' toys.
They always say the first scratch hurts the most. And they’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will not fit in the local wash hole. So I drive ten miles to a nice modern wash. I do need to fold the mirrors. Works great. Also rinses the underside.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The manual says it’s too wide for car washes. I emailed my local ones and they said no Raptors. Too wide.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, it's up to you if you want to risk it, see post #5 below, discussed this back in January.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...n-i-take-it-to-a-car-wash.81476/#post-1589790
For ***** and giggles I took mine to a brushless wash this morning. Although it fit, it wouldn’t allow the sensors to properly detect the trucks position to begin the wash. So I’ll pass on any car washes and do it the old fashioned way. Pay a guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then the manual is wrong, the car wash I use will accommodate crew cab dualies.....
I’m not disputing that. I’m saying it’s not recommended to assume any old car wash will work. Good for you finding one that would. I’ve thought about maybe finding a truck stop or something. But an hour away from the wife and kids with my pressure washer isn’t the worst part of my weekend when it’s warm enough.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ yep, there are a lot of things in life that are not recommended to assume

I checked 3 local car washes (not the self serve kind at a gas station) before finding the one I use now. They do a great job......

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
dont know why people would subject their vehicles to the tortures that are drive thru car washes

I don't know why people would subject themselves through the torture of washing their vehicles. I would rather have my time than save on the risk of scratches from the car wash. I take mine through the car wash once or twice a week and the paint is just as nice as the day I bought it. I prefer to spend a few hours once a year buffing and polishing than subjecting myself to that weekly by hand. Time is money.