Car Insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shopping around will definitely save you money. But will it in the long run? I've been with Geico for over 30 years. Have I overpaid on premiums by not shopping around? I'm sure I have. Would I saved the difference in a savings account? Nope. I would have pissed it away on other stuff. I buy so much stuff when the packages arrive i have no idea what's in them until I open them, and when I do, sometimes I don't even remember I ordered it.

Geico offers, as does another company now. MBI, or mechanical breakdown insurance. Originally, years back, it was for the life of a new car. They changed it to 100k miles or 7 years, whichever comes first. I've used it over the past two decades for probably 20k in repairs or more. Your rates do not go up. It carries a $250 deductible per incident. To me that coverage alone is worth staying with them. It cost pennies a day.

I live in Westchester County, NY, the first 'burb north of NYC. I pay about $1k per car per year, somewhere around there. No tickets, no accidents, etc.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! I feel for some of y’all.

$220/month for 3 cars. Pathfinder, G35x and the Raptor. All full coverage and with a 16 year old boy listed as the primary on the G35x.

State Farm is the company and we have our home insured with them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 18 Raptor is about $100 a month. I was shocked because my 15 Audi SQ5 was $140 a month.
My wifes 18 explorer sport is $75 a month.
My 17 year old daughters 15 GTI is $225 a month.

So all in we are about $400 a month for car insurance (state farm). Daughter turns 18 next month. i am hoping i get a pretty decent sized reduction in price. We all have clean records. no tickets, no accidents.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A hair less that $55 a month, full coverage. $200 deductible on collision, $750 on comprehensive (or flipped... somewhere around there), in NJ. Geico.

tacomoth

Reaction score
I just got quoted 2100 a year - 178 a month from farm bureau in Wyoming.....my Tacoma was 84 a month! Will be shopping around

LForward1

Reaction score
Frankly, I think I have a very good insurance option. My insurance company offered me a premium package for less than 100$/month. I bought it for 1 year as I am not planing to buy another car. So now I pay over 200 $ for all my cars /month. I have a Raptor, Patrol and GTI. Perfect insurance plan, more than that I bought a package for my house. They have really good offers, you can take a look https://www.americaninsurance.com/whats-cheapest-way-insure-second-car and you will see that I am right. I am planing to ensure my health and life, my wife's as well and I hope they will have something good to offer me this time as well

Last edited:

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I think I have a very good insurance option. My insurance company offered me a premium package for less than 100$/month. I bought it for 1 year as I am not planing to buy another car. So now I pay over 200 $ for all my cars /month. I have a Raptor, Patrol and GTI. Perfect insurance plan, more than that I bought a package for my house. They have really good offers, you can take a look https://www.americaninsurance.com/whats-cheapest-way-insure-second-car and you will see that I am right. I am planing to ensure my health and life, my wife's as well and I hope they will have something good to offer me this time as well
Curious - whose paper is your insurance policy written on? I.e. - American Insurance is the agent - who is actually underwriting the policy?