Car and Driver 5.1 0-60, 13.8 1/4 mile!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the fact that the 3.5 was built for boost, but the 6.2 was not?

Absolutly, and being an old guy Im just amazed of the hp/tq that these small motors are making. Like one of my questions, do the new raptors have start/stop technology? Does an oil pump keep running to prevent coking of the bearings when the engine stops? Are the cylinders sleeved or just coated? I had plenty of sport bikes and they are all alluminium but at most there pushing 500lbs, minus driver. I guess i have always been nervous of new tech when it comes out.

Bill

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected, reading the specs on the new Ford Gt. If this is the same engine that they squeeze 600hp out of then it should be engineered to handle the 450hp the gen 2 puts out. Now if they would just do something with the brakes. Stainless lines and a 4 pot in front and 2 pot in back with a little more aggresive pad. Like I said before im not banging the gen 2. I just have always loved the V8.

Bill