Car and Driver 5.1 0-60, 13.8 1/4 mile!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
23 was a misprint. It says 26 on my window sticker.

26 was in the article but I thought Ford was going with 23 originally. I'm remember thinking at the time that it was too small. I'm happy with my 26 and it usually lasts as long as my fellow 36g guys. SCAB magic but 23g would have been too small. Glad they changed back to 26g!

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutly love the 2017 but the dealer markup is criminal. I remember when the GNX and the ZR1's came out, they pulled the same B.S. Aluminium body is great for loosing weight and hopefully will slow down corrosion on the salt belt. The Brits have been doing it for years. My biggest concerns. I would never buy a first year anything because they always have teething problems. The 450hp out of a 3.5 twin turbo aluminium engine. I think your not going to see many with over 150k miles, if its used for anything but cruising. I may be wrong, just my belief. Thats around 129hp per liter. Or roughly 800hp on a twin turbo 6.2L. I know the 3.5L has dohc and twin injectors to fix the single direct injected valve build up problems. I also hate the V6 sound not as much as the inline 6 though. Time will tell about longevity. Im not a hater guys its just why I went with a low mileage 2013, Supercab. No doubt the 17s are awesome looking,lighter and faster in stock form but I would feel alot more comfortable with a 600hp 6.2LV8 than a 600hp 3.5L V6 as a daily driver and cross country crusier.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Basically the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as the Gen-II Lightnings. I remember my bone stock 2000 Lightning running 13.8 @ 103mph. It weighed 1000 pounds less than the Raptor.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutly love the 2017 but the dealer markup is criminal. I remember when the GNX and the ZR1's came out, they pulled the same B.S. Aluminium body is great for loosing weight and hopefully will slow down corrosion on the salt belt. The Brits have been doing it for years. My biggest concerns. I would never buy a first year anything because they always have teething problems. The 450hp out of a 3.5 twin turbo aluminium engine. I think your not going to see many with over 150k miles, if its used for anything but cruising. I may be wrong, just my belief. Thats around 129hp per liter. Or roughly 800hp on a twin turbo 6.2L. I know the 3.5L has dohc and twin injectors to fix the single direct injected valve build up problems. I also hate the V6 sound not as much as the inline 6 though. Time will tell about longevity. Im not a hater guys its just why I went with a low mileage 2013, Supercab. No doubt the 17s are awesome looking,lighter and faster in stock form but I would feel alot more comfortable with a 600hp 6.2LV8 than a 600hp 3.5L V6 as a daily driver and cross country crusier.

Have you considered the fact that the 3.5 was built for boost, but the 6.2 was not?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol almost like ford decided to sell us sleepers with the new raptor.

I'm OK with that. Had a C6 vette with a turbo kit and all the trimmings but, factory cat back. Thing was a terror on the road and made 0 sounds lol.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Wait, 200ft 60-0mph braking????? That's abs horrible. I'm near positive my 7600lb Ram 2500 does it better than that