Cantilever kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you make a decision on which route to go yet? Have you looked at the Foutz cantilever kit?
So there are some issues to consider with the Foutz kit.

On the RPG kit the leaf spring will "locate" the axle and beings that I am a pretty good welder and that I know 3 or 4 certified welders I don't have an issue installing the RPG kit myself. It is 95% bolt on.

On the Foutz kit you eliminate the leaf spring and the location of the rear axle is floating in space. There is some adjustment but without EXACT measurements it could go to shit fast. Also the price of the Foutz kit does not include the coil overs or springs. Given that I would want the Foutz kit professionally installed vs RPG DYI (my mechanical skills are above average) which involves me driving to Foutz in AZ. to get the Foutz kit installed as it requires very precise install. Also because the Foutz kit doesn't include any springs/shocks/coil overs. Figure double the "sticker" price for all that and install.

I am undecided at this point (gathering other parts certainly) but as a DYI project then RPG. If you have to pay someone either way then Foutz.

Last edited: