Can't Find Aux Switch Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baracus

Reaction score
So I've read here that the aux switch wires are in two bundles somewhere near the battery. I'm not super comfortable randomly tugging on wires I can't see in my complicated new truck so I thought I would take out the battery to look for them. But there is a strap holding down the battery that I can't figure out how to remove.

I have the optional fog light wired into Aux #1 from the factory. I assume that impacts at least one wire which I'll also need to locate since I plan to upgrade the factory fogs. If anyone can help me locate the wires and/or remove the strap holding down the battery that would be much appreciated.

I am feeling pretty useless right now.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
It's been a while since I did my radio install but I remember vividly it was nearly impossible to find the wire bundle behind the passenger kick panel. Hard to get to, hard to see and then hard to remove the tape that held the bundle. I almost gave up and hired someone.

Raptormts

Reaction score
I didn't like the wires being unprotected so I picked up this box from Lowes. Used to protect attachment of two extension chords and some plastic conduit. Keeps the water out.

Attachments

• Raptor Box Outline.jpg
    Raptor Box Outline.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Raptor Box.jpg
    Raptor Box.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 73

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@baracus To remove the battery, just take a ratchet to the tall bolt sitting in front of the battery with the strap attached to it and loosen until it and the bracket that holds the strap come up. You may have to wiggle it out, but it will come out. I don't remember the socket size, maybe 13mm? It is a lot of turns. If you have an impact driver it goes fast!

OP
OP
baracus

baracus

Reaction score
I removed the battery (Thanks RotoOver) and found the aux wires. They were much easier to get to with the battery removed. Here are pictures to orient anyone else struggling with this:

1. Engine Bay with battery removed to orient you.
Aux Wires 1.jpg

2. Closer shot of the battery tray with the wires hanging out. I'm 90% sure these are the switch wires since there are five of them and I have the factory installed fog hooked up to Aux #1. I have not confirmed this with my multi-meter.
Aux Wires 2.jpg

3. Closer pic with the wires hanging out. You can see the second bundle of wires (which I believe are the pass-through wires) to the left still tucked away. I didn't pull these out because I don't need them yet. The colors of the aux switch wires to my eye are blue/orange, brown, green/blue, green/gray, and yellow/orange. If anybody knows which switches these map to, please chime in. I am looking for Aux 6 and would love to keep the others heat-shrinked for now.
Aux Wires 3.jpg

4. A close-up of the second (pass-through?) bundle wires still tucked away. There appears to be four of them, Gray, Yellow, Green and Yellow/Red
Aux Wires 4.jpg