Can't Find Aux Switch Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@baracus You're welcome!

Here is the mapping from the manual. Aux wiring starts on pg 655.

1653879016127.png

Be aware, you may find discrepancies with the wire usage not matching the chart. I had one wire that did not match, which isn't so bad. Two and they make you work a little harder!

I'd also recommend converting them all to a weather pack or DT type connectors while you have them out that way you are not splicing wires when you want to make a change. SPV uses WP connectors on their harnesses at the switch wire end, one reason I went that route.

Last edited:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Brining back an old thread for a question, I am installing some LP4"s on my A pillars. I have the lights mounted and wired up using the SPV wiring harnesses and using their Aux wire extensions. I also used the harness that clips into the DRL's for backlight. At this point the Backlight works fine, I wired into the green/brown wire on the bundle with red tape for switch #2 15 Amp. I can't get the main spots and floods to come on, it seems I don't have power at my Aux switch wires. I even spliced into the green brown from the second set of wires with white tape thinking they were not labeled correctly. It seems I can't get power out of either bundle of wires. Anyone have any ideas why I can't get power out the wires? Is it possible there are not fuses installed? I tested with a voltmeter and it verified little or no power through the end of the SPV pigtail extensions. Thanks in advance, I knew I would probably screw something up trying this project myself, I figure I am missing something.

IMG_0566.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I had a FaceTime call with John from SPV, I may have figured it out, I think I blew the 2 15 Amp fuses for the switch wires #2 and #3 I am going to try new fuses and see if that solves it. I hate asking stupid questions but I was stumped. And yes, I just noticed this is in the wrong area under Audio video/ not in the lighting thread.

Last edited: