Can't find a replacement front sway bar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratty

Reaction score
My original stock front sway bar decided to become a two-piece bar, so I tossed the useless chunk of metal, er, metals... and went to my usual source for everything aftermarket, ordered the only one they had, a Hellwig #7704 sway bar that sUppOSedLy fits my Raptor... But NOPE, it likely fits a stock F-150, but definitely not a Raptor. So now I get to ship that monster back... fun! And have been unsuccessful at finding one that actually is made for the Gen1 Raptor. Finding the correct end links was easy, just went down to NAPA... but they don't sell the sway bar unfortunately. I could care less at this point if it's a performance upgrade piece, I'll just take a stock sway bar (if it isn't ridiculously expensive, though the Hellwig was stupid pricey at $400). There are a few used ones for sale on eBay, but I'm not going the used route. Anyone know who makes them? I can't be the first Gen1 Raptor to need a replacement. Thanks!

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
yeah thanks, but that won't fit either... That's a non-Gen1-Raptor F-150-only bar. The Raptor sway bar is noticeably different at (roughly) a 55 degree angle at the ends, leaving the end-link ends flat/parallel to the ground. The correct end-links are twice as long with a 90 degree at the bottom/lower control arm attachment point and the top, a straight up and down attachment point to the sway bar. Yeah, I see it says in the description, "with SVT Raptor", but... nope, that's also incorrect. Maybe the 2nd Gen raptor but I'm not familiar with those, but that's just a stock F-150 bar (like the one Hellwig sells that I mistakenly bought).

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long wheelbase, wide track width. Great front visibility, and mostly driven by guys who are somewhat mature. That's a Raptor. It's not a lifted hoopty on 40's or a slammed rice rocket that can get hung up on a speed bump.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might have one I could part ways with in the next couple weeks, give or take.

Edit: just saw your weren’t interested in used.

Last edited: