Can't find a replacement front sway bar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
You don’t need a sway bar. Haven’t had one in a long time. Off road the truck will perform much better.
yeah, if my truck was a fun weekend off-road machine and I liked to rock crawl... but it's just my daily driver. And yeah, it drives pretty well without the sway bar, until I have fun in the tight twisties driving it hard, then she's swaying all over the place. What I really need the sway bar for is I pull a trailer, a 20' steel trailer with a big '66 Chevy Biscayne drag car on it... I need my truck to be as stable as possible, don't need anything to give it the excuse to get away from me.

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
How about highway driving maneuvers at high speed?
highway is fine, daily driving is fine... but driving it hard and fast through the twisties is where it gets quite sketchy without the sway bar. And I pull a ig open trailer with a race car on it, so I could use all the stability I can get.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks... I'll let you know if I change my mind and am forced to buy used. Shipping is pricey though being so huge and heavy.
I’m in southern Ohio. Shipping might not be that “bad”. Its stupid shape doesn’t help though.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
highway is fine, daily driving is fine... but driving it hard and fast through the twisties is where it gets quite sketchy without the sway bar. And I pull a ig open trailer with a race car on it, so I could use all the stability I can get.
Get an equalizer hitch. It will be way more effective than a front swaybar.

I'm going long and my fenders and sides match the cab now..

Tows like butter even with frame-cut bumpers and no swaybar.

Hitch.JPG