Canceled order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vill

Reaction score
About a month ago, after two months of searching, I found a dealer that would let me order a raptor at MSRP. The next day, I drove three hours to the dealer to spec it out and pay the deposit. After I paid the deposit, I was told that I would either get an email or phone call saying my order had been picked up by Ford. However, I got a phone call today saying that my order had to be canceled because they didn’t have any more allocations. They stated that they would refund my deposit by Monday and that I had to keep looking somewhere else.
Is this a common occurrence? I guess it could be worse at least they called me and refunded my deposit.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a month ago, after two months of searching, I found a dealer that would let me order a raptor at MSRP. The next day, I drove three hours to the dealer to spec it out and pay the deposit. After I paid the deposit, I was told that I would either get an email or phone call saying my order had been picked up by Ford. However, I got a phone call today saying that my order had to be canceled because they didn’t have any more allocations. They stated that they would refund my deposit by Monday and that I had to keep looking somewhere else.
Is this a common occurrence? I guess it could be worse at least they called me and refunded my deposit.
It happens...a few ppl on here have been through the same. Dealers know if they have allocations or not. At least they refunded your deposit instead of holding onto it for god knows how long for an allocation!

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, yeah it can happen, but the dealers know if they have allocations, its not right in my book. Not much you can do, don't give up, keep looking around, there are dealer orders coming in, but most are at ADM, try and work a deal.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have a lot of time to wait. your best option in my mind is to keep using Ford's inventory search inventory engine. 100 mile radius. keep changing the zip code to look in different areas. the updates come in daily when the trucks arrive at the dealers. there are enough people that either ordered multiple trucks and or cant take delivery for one reason or another. just the luck of the draw wether or not you get lucky and find an available one when it arrives. most of them end up being already gone. but if you get the timing right you'll get lucky. I know I scored one this way. Leadfoot none the less. had a 22' ordered but mid January I found a 21' lf show up. had to pay ADM. they wanted 10k above I got them down to I think 5750 above.

good luck.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from the Dealer LFG 37 loaded the Dealer told me they didn’t have a allocation at the time . I’m friends with the owner and the deal was a invoice cost deal . The allocation got picked up by Ford but we could never get a window sticker ? The truck arrived last week but it was a 35 not 37 , I decided not to take the truck and my Dealer gave me a 22 allocation same deal . I’m back waiting again .

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess their zone rep told them they weren't getting any more allocations. At least they were honest and refunded your deposit. Either that or they are selling your truck for a nice ADM after telling you they had to cancel LOL.

TwoBit

Reaction score
I guess their zone rep told them they weren't getting any more allocations. At least they were honest and refunded your deposit. Either that or they are selling your truck for a nice ADM after telling you they had to cancel LOL.
The sad part is I wouldn't be surprised if that happened

OP
OP
vill

vill

Reaction score
I have a feeling they canceled to add an ADM.

M60gunr

Reaction score
My situation was somewhat similar. I waited 5 months for a build date for a 2021 and nothing. Converted to a 2022 and waited 3 more months. Still no build date. Zone Rep kept saying truck was coming, but I think something was up and he didn't want dealer to tell me. I just got tired of the waiting game and decided to cancel my order and keep my Gen 1. Gonna just Mod it out a lil more with the money I would have spent on truck payments. Got my full deposit back and dealer said if I change my mind in the future, he will re order it for me.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My situation was somewhat similar. I waited 5 months for a build date for a 2021 and nothing. Converted to a 2022 and waited 3 more months. Still no build date. Zone Rep kept saying truck was coming, but I think something was up and he didn't want dealer to tell me. I just got tired of the waiting game and decided to cancel my order and keep my Gen 1. Gonna just Mod it out a lil more with the money I would have spent on truck payments. Got my full deposit back and dealer said if I change my mind in the future, he will re order it for me.
Man I just hate how dealers can't be honest and tell us if they have an allocation or not or something went wrong. I would be very pissed waiting 8 months for nothing.